You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
artistic nail Rock Hard LED GEL
Anyone using this new product? It's a hard LED Gel!
Seems interesting!!
No one has tried this- @ IBS @ Premier? I'm so excited to find a hard gel that is a builder & used LED light & thought someone on here has to be using?
I just received my rock hard led gel. I bought it mainly for my hairstylist clients who use gel polish. When they do "color" on their clients, their nails turn brown, due to the gel polish being porous. I was told at the IBS show that it could protect the gel polish. I used it today for the first time. Will update in a couple of weeks when she comes back. I hope it works!
I love nails!
Thanks- curious did you use the brush on rock hard over gel polish?
Thanks! I have my Rock Hard set & am using it on a friend tonight!!
Yes. I used the brush on rock hard over the final Gelish top coat..
I love nails!
Ok I used the builder & LOVE IT! So quick in LED & didn't need much filing!! I did use a Gelish color & Rock Hard on top- NO HEAT SPIKE & it went on great!! Now the test over the next 2 weeks to see durability!! I'm trying on myself tonight!!
Great! Keep us posted!
I love nails!
1 week later & my friends nails are perfect! My nails 5 days are great considering I'm doing peds, mani, gels, filing, etc!!! I'm going to be putting Rock Hard on another person this afternoon!! Excited to use it with the LED again!!!!
great to hear. My clients nails still turned a little brown, but not as bad as if I only ised the gelish top coat. Glad you are loving it!
I love nails!
Did them this afternoon- smooth sailing!! She felt NO HEAT SPIKE & they went on quickly with the 30 second cure!! I really wish I had ordered some Artistic gel polishes now!!! I just hate buying stuff & it sitting!
But using Hard Gel that's LED cured is awesome! I even did one nail on each hand in Glitter- I used the clear brush on & sprinkled glitter- pressed it down- cured & used the brush on clear again & cured wonderfully!!!
I have just started using rock hard gels been nail tech on and off since 2006 but she has had my sculptures on 6 days and 2 have popped off what have i done wrong. i dehydration nail with 99% alcohol. non acid prep it after all cuticle remove and hand wash etc etc, used clear sculptured and white and finished ? They looked gorgeous ? Is it because i didn't use the brush on gel as a base? ....
I am new & always follow steps still. I used their brush on base. However I didn't sculpt anything. I have Rock Hard on since mid July & no issues. I have Rock Hard on 3 other people & no issues so far either. I have done fills on them as well with no problems. I do use all the steps in the set. Maybe that base is the cause?
What LED lamp are you.using?

Thanks.
Be as creative as you can be and you will never be ordinary!
I actually purchased an LED lamp while in manicuring school to use for practice & it turned out to work awesome for me - USpicy 18watt LED light. Been using it successfully since October 2012! Tried the Rock Hard in regular 36watt UV lamp as well as LED & no heat spikes either way! :-)
(09-04-2013, 08:45 PM)Nurse nail tech Wrote: What LED lamp are you.using?

Thanks.

CND Official lamp x
Not sure if you were asking me, but I use the Gelish 18G led light
I love nails!
Can I use the Gelish mini LED lamp?
Not sure about that- contact Artistic for info specifics.
Unfortunately, Artistic's website shows no contact information.
(07-22-2013, 03:15 PM)lam269 Wrote: I just received my rock hard led gel. I bought it mainly for my hairstylist clients who use gel polish. When they do "color" on their clients, their nails turn brown, due to the gel polish being porous. I was told at the IBS show that it could protect the gel polish. I used it today for the first time. Will update in a couple of weeks when she comes back. I hope it works!

Are they applying color without gloves?!
Do not use the Gelish mini light for hard gel.
gloves?? Not sure what u mean?

Artistic Rock Hard (hard) gel will cure in LED. They sell a lamp to go with it.
The Gelish mini light is an LED light. You don't think
it will cure it?
(09-15-2013, 02:04 PM)Nurse nail tech Wrote: The Gelish mini light is an LED light. You don't think
it will cure it?

I know it won't cure it. It only works with gel polish.
The Artistic LED lamp is 30 watt LED - if Gelish mini is LESS I would not use.
I have contacted Artistic about instructions on curing the hard gel in LED lamp & how to apply correctly- they responded quickly from their official Facebook page. I purchase the Rock Hard gels & have used them on myself & a few people successfully - I love the LED quicker use. I recently purchased the New LCN gels try me kits in Black Diamond & Cosmiq - these are Hard Gels that cure in LED as well. I love how quick it is & I'm not getting ANY heat spikes either!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 11
Views: 15,204
02-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Last PostFancyNancy
Replies: 5
Views: 5,341
11-05-2014, 04:33 PM