You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
must read!!attention!
today i heard that Germany has forbidden the use of acrylic nail enhancements at nail studios across he countrycdue to many cancer incidents that occured the past years.many women got paniced and went to take off their acrylics.have you heard of that ??is it true??has anything like that happened to any other coun try?
Just googled it cannot find anything, have not heard anything.
Tried google and Bing myself and cannot find anything either.
Hair, nails and waxing, I am a triple threat on two legs!!
A nailtech from germany called a fb friend and told her all these. Maybe its very new and didn't got announced yet.
In my opinion the EU in general knee jerk reacts to everything and anything having to do with food or health.

I highly doubt that they have sunk an entire industry with the stroke of a pen and since we cannot find out anything about this that it is most likely a regional thing or a newly minted urban legend.

I tend not to listen to second hand information when it comes to industry rules and regulations anyway the rumors usually turn out to be BS.
Ask your friend to show us the documentation. Until then it is hearsay.
OK I have posted to a number of people to find out whats going on...
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Nonsense, that's just a silly rumor. If that were true, all artificial nails would be banned because they are all acrylic, without exception. Nor do they cause cancer. There is no evidence of this and that's also silly nonsense. These products aren't listed as such by any regulatory body in the world.
Doug Schoon
Chief Scientific Adviser
Creative Nail Design, Inc.
(07-08-2013, 01:52 PM)Doug Schoon Wrote: Nonsense, that's just a silly rumor. If that were true, all artificial nails would be banned because they are all acrylic, without exception. Nor do they cause cancer. There is no evidence of this and that's also silly nonsense. These products aren't listed as such by any regulatory body in the world.

From the nail man himself.... thank you Doug.
What is true is that on July 12, Europe enacts new cosmetic regulations that will significantly protect nail salons and their clients from unsafe products. From this date, all cosmetic products sold in Europe have to be registered in a central online database, by the Responsible Person (either the manufacturer or first importer into Europe, who can provide detailed ingredient formulation, toxicology data to the medical or legal authorities). In addition, every national product distributor also has to register and upload images of the product labels (so these can be checked to meet the required standard)

This will make detecting unregistered distributors and products containing unsafe ingredients that much easier. This is more important than you may think. In a survey done in Sweden during 2011 and 2012, more than 15 nail products were removed from the market by the authorities because they contain banned ingredients - the products were manufactured mostly in China but also by a factory in Germany. Despite this, there are many other fly-by-night companies selling unregistered products - often nail salons who look to make extra money without wanting to understand the legal and safety requirements.
Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com
(07-11-2013, 07:01 AM)Bob Wrote: What is true is that on July 12, Europe enacts new cosmetic regulations that will significantly protect nail salons and their clients from unsafe products. From this date, all cosmetic products sold in Europe have to be registered in a central online database, by the Responsible Person (either the manufacturer or first importer into Europe, who can provide detailed ingredient formulation, toxicology data to the medical or legal authorities). In addition, every national product distributor also has to register and upload images of the product labels (so these can be checked to meet the required standard)

This will make detecting unregistered distributors and products containing unsafe ingredients that much easier. This is more important than you may think. In a survey done in Sweden during 2011 and 2012, more than 15 nail products were removed from the market by the authorities because they contain banned ingredients - the products were manufactured mostly in China but also by a factory in Germany. Despite this, there are many other fly-by-night companies selling unregistered products - often nail salons who look to make extra money without wanting to understand the legal and safety requirements.

Could you list some of the ingredients that are banned.

Could you list some of the ingredients that are banned.
[/quote]

Europe has banned over 1000 ingredients from cosmetics and the vast majority are not yet banned in the US. Some of the biggies that are in many salon products are petroleum, lead, talc, formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, and parabens. These are just the big ones, there are more than a thousand more.

It's unbelievable to me that the US is so behind on regulating cosmetics. Most women cover themselves in toxic chemicals every day without even knowing it and then we all wonder why cancer rates have skyrocketed...sigh....
Do you know where we can see this list with the forbidden ingredients and the products too?
Your state board should have a list, I know mine does.
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YrNdWofE80
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 2,002