You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail Stamping
Hi, everyone ! Have any of you tried the stamping nail art, such as konad, and is it worth it ? Any thoughts and opinions ? I did a lot of stars by hand this week ,and even tho my clients raved, I would have been happier if the smaller ones were more perfect and defined, so I was thinking stamping plates might solve this for me, and give me a bit more design versatility. Somehow I am thinking it is not as straightforward as it looks...
I use them and love them. I get mine off of ebay and I use the knock off image plates they are much cheaper and still work great. however the knock of polishes don't work so I spend the money I saved on the plates on getting the Konad Polish.
"I belive in karma...so i'm not worried."
Do you have to use the Stamper polish? Can you use acrylic paint or UV gel polish to create the stamps ?
(07-07-2013, 10:31 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Do you have to use the Stamper polish? Can you use acrylic paint or UV gel polish to create the stamps ?

Good question !
Acrylic paint has never worked for me, but I've gotten a few CND Shellac shades to work the odd time - also depends on the stamp. Some of them work better than others. Some of the Vinylux shades work well too.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
(07-08-2013, 08:59 AM)scratchmyback Wrote: Acrylic paint has never worked for me, but I've gotten a few CND Shellac shades to work the odd time - also depends on the stamp. Some of them work better than others. Some of the Vinylux shades work well too.

I bought the ebay ones and have had such a hard time. Is there a trick to using them? I usually am trying with lacquer (essie, opi, etc.)thanks.
NY Licensed Nail + Waxing Tech
Owner/Developer Suite Tee
http://www.Facebook.com/TashawnaH
Instagram: @SuiteTee
I've had great luck with striping paint. Also, if you have some polishes that have gotten thick & gloopy, usually they work too. I could never get the acrylic paints or gel polishes to work for me, but that's ok since there's so many other options!
Handy trick I discovered: If I'm using regular enamel I have to let it dry at least 10 minutes before I can stamp, right? So since I've waited that long already, I'll add a thin coat of Shellac topcoat, cure, then stamp. That way, in case the stamp comes out crooked or something, I can just wipe it with polish remover and I haven't screwed up the polish underneath.
I bought the Konad. I haven't used it much. I will have to try using black to see how that works better. I don't think it's that easy to use or clean. I have the ones that you can do a french white tip, but it doesn't last long probably because the polish is too light and comes off quicker. It's probably better for stamping arts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 2,710
10-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post[email protected]
Replies: 4
Views: 2,705
08-30-2013, 08:03 AM