You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O.T. - A Way to Show Others
Saw this on FB and had to share. Convincing schools, teachers, parents, authorities, etc. that bullying is NOT OK is very important to me and this example speaks pretty loudly as to why this type of harassement should not be accepted in our society. I hope you will share it with others.

"A teacher in New York was teaching her class about bullying and gave them the following exercise to perform. She had the children take a piece of paper and told them to crumple it up, stomp on it and really mess it up but do not rip it. Then she had them unfold the paper, smooth it out and look at how s...carred and dirty it was. She then told them to tell it they’re sorry. Now even though they said they were sorry and tried to fix the paper, she pointed out all the scars they left behind. And that those scars will never go away no matter how hard they tried to fix it. That is what happens when a child bully’s another child, they may say they’re sorry but the scars are there forever. The looks on the faces of the children in the classroom told her the message hit home."
thank u for sharing this
Lets just hope that affected some of those bullied, thanks for sharing Cheryl!

Awesome teacher too..
aj
I wish more teachers would do that demo. Sadly the schools let a lot of it slide until it's too late.
Stella - you are welcome, thank you for reading and commenting. I hope you will share it with others.

AJ - Yea, totally awesome teacher, what insight, uh? I hope it affects those who bullied others. You are welcome, too and thank you for reading and commenting.

Colleen - Thank you for commenting. I hope teachers do too, but parents need to do their part and teach their kids that bullying isn't acceptable. It is a form of verbal abuse. Seems now days a lot of the raising is left up to the teahers/schools. Who are the parents???
You know I often ask myself that same question about the parenting but sometimes there are parents who did and are doing the right thing and they just have twisted kids.

I am so fortunate that my kids never bullied any kids and really weren't affected deeply by bullying. I always talked to my kids about that treating people the way they want to be treated and to always go out of the way to talk and eat lunch with those who sat alone or were challenged in any way. When they came home and said guess who we ate lunch with today, or guess who I walked to class with today....it made me choke up and smile. The kindness they showed made them feel good even though their friends laughed at them for it. A little tlc goes so far and the world needs more love and compassion for sure.

Sorry got carried away, just really annoys me that bullying is still going on, sad really.
aj
Thank you for sharing AJ. How great you have such considerate kids. Sounds like you instilled some great values in them.

Yes, there are some parents who did teach them civility and their kids went against what they were taught. But it does seem, to me, that some parents blow off bullying as "no big deal". It is abuse!!
it was weird you mentioned it, the day I read your post a client and I had just been talking about bullying. I was bullied in school pretty bad in 4th & 5th grade, def not something Ive ever forgotten
Words are not forgotten. For some reason some people think they are. It is a form of abuse and society should not regard it as acceptable behavior. I feel bad for kids now days who endure it not only at school, but now on the internet and some are killing themselves over it. As someone pointed out on a social media page adults are bullied too. Even some of that has happened on here. I feel sad for those who bully, it is a sign of insecurities on their part.

Thank you for sharing Stella. ((((((((((((Stella))))))))))

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post