You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I mistaken or.....
Did I read on here that you can use regular gel to build a nail, then use gel polish to polish on and swipe a french tip and then cap again with regular gel and a UV sealer? I thought I read that some people do this for their pink and whites instead of sculpting with white gel. If so are these the correct steps?
I think it depends on the system but those steps sound about right. But instead of regular gel or a uv sealer, I'd use the top coat that was made to go with the gel polish you are using.
This is what I do. I use gelousy gels, shellac as whites then natural gel over the top. Can barely tell the difference.
I do my p/w's like that. Build them, use OPI Alpine Snow for the white, then I seal with Cuccio's sog sealer. I use OPI'S white because it's the least likely to wrinkle and I use Cuccio's sealer because it stays shiny the longest.
I don't go over the white with the hard gel again. I was doing that for a while, but it's a wasted step unless you think the nails might need to be a bit thicker.
If I'm doing P&W's I just sculpt them in hard gel, but yes, that would work perfect.

@Donna, if you haven't tried Cuccio's bright white, I highly recommend it! I dreaded french in gel polish because of shadowing and having to do two coats with the white with mani-Q and Gelish white's - the Cuccio is bright, crisp and clean in one coat with no wrinkling! I may never sculpt P&W's again lol.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
(06-25-2013, 07:32 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: If I'm doing P&W's I just sculpt them in hard gel, but yes, that would work perfect.

@Donna, if you haven't tried Cuccio's bright white, I highly recommend it! I dreaded french in gel polish because of shadowing and having to do two coats with the white with mani-Q and Gelish white's - the Cuccio is bright, crisp and clean in one coat with no wrinkling! I may never sculpt P&W's again lol.

Thanks for the tip! I rarely have to go back over with the OPI color since I started using a dotting tool to create the smile line. I think I saw it done on a Crystal nail demo and started doing it that way and love it. No shadowing at all with ONE coat. Top coat and DONE!
Is the cuccio white a gel polish?
~ITS ALL FUN AND GAMES TILL SOMEONE BREAKS A NAIL~
Any tips on how to do the line with the dotting tool ? I have heard of doing it this way ,but have not figured it out...lol...Smile
when I use the dotting tool, I put a dollop of gel on the used backing of a form, (it could be anything it won't soak into). I use a small dotting tool, and I dip in the gel, then start at the lowest part of the smile line on the center of the nail. This is kind of how it looks \_/ but not QUITE that dramatic, lol. I go up one side for the first ear, then the other side. Once that the smile line is created, it's a matter of filling in the rest of it. Perfect the curve and that's it. It's like drawing it on with a pen.
If its a long nail, I might have to 'reload' once. I use a transparent pink gel to give the nail bed color and to build the nail with so once I've finish filed, I dust, then start the white. You can also use your favorite nail bed color in pink, then do the white, of course. I do one hand complete with whites, then cure that hand, then seal.
Since I've started doing this way, I don't even want to EVER use regular white gel again.
Thanks for the great explanation Donna ! Smile
Donna what do you do for a fill ? I use a LCN white with a dotting tool for years now can not do it any other way . I go back and do a clear hard gel over the white so for the 2 week full all I do is a full and for the 4 week I redo the white .Trying to see what's best always trying to improve on time and nail .Thanks

Linda