You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail Trauma?
Hello,

I was testing out using gel on myself. I did a set using YN gel. Granted it was my first go but it didn't look too back. I did a fill once, then decided to take it off. I wanted to see if what everyone here says is true meaning that removal done right does not cause the icky nails that most people claim to have after using gel or acrylic.
I used my drill just to remove a bit from the top, but since I'm not used to using a drill I really didn't do much. 75% of it was hand filed. My right hand is fine, but my left is yuck. Weak nails that now look gross. The free edge is not an even line and looks as if its bleeding into the pink of my nails.Also my nails hurt. This removal was like 2 months ago so I'm not sure why this is still an issue. Please let me know what the problem is.
Thanks,
Tee
NY Licensed Nail + Waxing Tech
Owner/Developer Suite Tee
http://www.Facebook.com/TashawnaH
Instagram: @SuiteTee
ok I'm guessing you are left handed because that would explain why your right hand is fine. I'm right handed so when i have to use my left to work on my right i tend to file a little more heavy cause using my left hand to file is not something i do on a regular. also it sounds like you've taken down a good amount of the natural nail and that why they hurt. the reason they still hurt after 2 months is because the only way a nail regenerates itself is with grow out. so until the damaged part of the nail has completely grown off the nail bed and has been removed you are going to still feel some pain. when i do a removal i always leave a very thin layer on the nail so i know i haven't filed into the natural nail.
"I belive in karma...so i'm not worried."
(05-29-2013, 11:28 AM)EternalFlower09 Wrote: ok I'm guessing you are left handed because that would explain why your right hand is fine. I'm right handed so when i have to use my left to work on my right i tend to file a little more heavy cause using my left hand to file is not something i do on a regular. also it sounds like you've taken down a good amount of the natural nail and that why they hurt. the reason they still hurt after 2 months is because the only way a nail regenerates itself is with grow out. so until the damaged part of the nail has completely grown off the nail bed and has been removed you are going to still feel some pain. when i do a removal i always leave a very thin layer on the nail so i know i haven't filed into the natural nail.

THanks. Funny thing is, I am right handed but tend to do better nails on my right hand. Thanks for the tip on leaving a thin layer.
NY Licensed Nail + Waxing Tech
Owner/Developer Suite Tee
http://www.Facebook.com/TashawnaH
Instagram: @SuiteTee