You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to keep clients hand and arm in place???
What do you use to keep your clients arm from creeping back. I feel I'm constantly struggling to keep their hand where I want it. I pull them towards me but they always seem to slowly pull away. I think it got worse when we bought new comfy chairs with wheels for them. Any thoughts?? Thanks, Kelly*
I bought one of these years ago, and it's great! Robin Stopper, the inventor is on this board. Here's the link:

http://www.wrist-assist.com/

It will change your life! LOL!
ha the wheels is your biggest problem Smile Head to the store where you bought them and see if you can take the wheels off.. The Wrist-Assist will help also.. but get the wheels to stop moving Smile
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Great advice. I am thinking about replacing my guest chair with one that has wheels! Now I'll make sure it doesn't have them.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I set up my space back in the stone ages on a severe budget.. I had extra office type chairs on wheels and I fought with them every appointment, every client.. when I decided it was time to upgrade it was a nice straight back no wheeled chair for them and a super comfy wheeled puppy for me Smile That solved almost every ill.. the stiff hand'ers was my biggest problem after that.. wish Wrist-Assist was around back then!
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

I would love to find a stationary chair that had a revolving seat, so older and stiffer ladies could get into it with no problems.
Always be kind....you get farther.
(05-16-2013, 05:59 PM)Tn Nail Lady Wrote: I would love to find a stationary chair that had a revolving seat, so older and stiffer ladies could get into it with no problems.

Most office chairs use standard sized wheels - you can easily change them out with glides if the chairs are giving you problems. You can buy glides at office furniture stores or office supply stores and I am sure you can buy them online. Just pull out the wheel for your chair and have a look at it to make sure it will work.
Thanks for everyone's input. I'll be pulling off wheels this weekend and checking out the Wrist Assist. Thanks again
I recommend having them wear long sleeved shirts when they come in, then you could just staple their shirt to the table... Ok, maybe not. I think this is a never ending battle, I just pay attention to where they are and adjust them (constantly) when they start crawling over the table or leaning back to far!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
When I know them I will say "WOMAN HOLD STILL!" then I will laugh. But I will prop anything from a can to a lotion bottle under their wrist if I have too.
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
(05-17-2013, 12:09 AM)CandiceAE Wrote: I recommend having them wear long sleeved shirts when they come in, then you could just staple their shirt to the table...

HAHAHAAAAAAA made me LOL for sure Smile Occasionally I would just sit back and wait.. "whats the problem?" Well you keep backing up and you're making me work too hard so I had to take a rest..
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin

Thanks to all who recommended the the wrist-assist for this problem. It's so nice to know it is helping my fellow technicians since this was one reason I created this product. I was sick and tired of reaching for my clients hands across the station. If you are attending the Premiere show in Orlando, Atwood Industries will have it to try and buy at booth #6861. Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you. Smile
Robin Stopper Renner
Nails by Robin/R.S.Innovations, LLC.
Mount Dora, Florida
http://www.wrist-assist.com
[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 3,842