You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else is going to the NW Nail Tech Retreat?
I am super excited to attend this October and was wanting to see if anyone else on here was going to attend. It would be great to connect with some people before I go. I am sooooo excited Smile
I'll be going! Sounds like an amazing event
----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist
Yay! Have you ever gpne before? Where are you from?
I'm from New York City. It will be my first time. I heard so many great things, I couldn't turn it down!

Where are you from? How long have you been a nail tech?
----
Shirley
NYC Based Nail Artist
Oregon Smile not too far for me. It is awesome you are going to gravel all that way. I believe this will truly be a one of a kind experience Smile It's a little embarrassing but I am still in school right now, I am due to graduate in a few months. I am full course also. But I genuinely love nails and I know this is a great chance for me to improve my skills. And I love being able to network with experience nail techs! How long have you been doing nails? What do you specialize in?
I have never been to the West Coast so I figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone. I'll be coming in a few days early to see Seattle.

So you're a newbie! I'm relatively new as well. I've been doing this less than 2 years. I'm trying to perfect my acrylic skills but it's hard because almost no one in Manhattan wants them. Nail art is my specialty, I usually do it over soak off gel manicures.

My technical skills are not as good as some other techs but I know more about products, ingredients, and state regulations than most techs in my area. I'm working on it though!
What made you go into the nail industry?
----
Shirley
NYC Based Nail Artist
When I was 19 I got a job at Sally's and I advanced fairly quickly. That is what drew me into the industry. I just realized I absolutely love it. Nails wasn't going to be my focus but I have cone to love it more than anything else. I worry sometimes when I get ot of school that I won't be able to make much money here but that isn't enough to turn me away. I do have a lot of people wanting artificial nails here and my acrylic and nail art skills are fairly above what most people have at my school but there is always so much more to learn. I struggle the most with hard gels. It is all just PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE Smile I think you will love the northwest. It is truly a beautiful wonder. I am originally from Portland, I love my city Smile I have yet to visit the eastcoast though. I am glad to know I am not the only newbie. My name is Katrice by the way Smile How about you? When did you realize you wanted to be in the industry?
Since going on one of the nail cruises is definalty not in my budget anymore this year, Im seriously going to think about this one.
You should! But there is a waiting list now so get on it if you wanna go Smile
Hi Katrice! I'm Shirley.

I worry sometimes about whether I'll make enough to make a living too but with I hope with some dedication, I'll make it!

I'm very excited about visiting the Northwest. I'm planning on spendin a day to.see Vancouver and maybe Portland too.

I just stumbled into the nail industry. I didn't really consider doing this as a career, more of a hobby. I went into the industry to save up money for school but.realized I love doing nails and never looked back.
----
Shirley
NYC Based Nail Artist
Yay Portland! That is awesome for you. When I started beauty school I had little interest in nails, wanting to focus on hair but little did I know.... How crazy fun it is and the people in it are amazing Smile I look forward to seeing you there I am sure we will cross paths. Maybe we could go to the apace needle for a little trip, I haven't been in years!
You will love this event. I am one of the co-organizers. It truly is a one of a kind event. Still working on getting the educators to return paper work before we add them to the web site. We had to stop registration to make sure we had enough room for the educators and started a wait list. Bring an empty suit case because the goodie bag won't fit in your luggage if you bring it already full.
Ellen Torchia
Owner Too Much Fun
President SB&S Graphics, Inc
Replicator Graphics

Former Top 10 Competitor

"A mind once stretched by the imagination never regains it's original form."
(05-17-2013, 09:38 PM)Air Art Girl Wrote: You will love this event. I am one of the co-organizers. It truly is a one of a kind event. Still working on getting the educators to return paper work before we add them to the web site. We had to stop registration to make sure we had enough room for the educators and started a wait list. Bring an empty suit case because the goodie bag won't fit in your luggage if you bring it already full.

Thanks for the reply! I am so excited I can hardly contain it =)
(05-10-2013, 01:05 AM)CluuryMcFluury Wrote: I am super excited to attend this October and was wanting to see if anyone else on here was going to attend. It would be great to connect with some people before I go. I am sooooo excited Smile

I will be attending ~ Tami from Nail Art Decor N More located in McMinnville, OR. ~ Interested in knowing where you are coming from. This will be my first time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 26
Views: 28,670
11-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Last PostDannieLynne
Replies: 3
Views: 2,417
10-13-2011, 12:05 PM