You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nail forms?
Are all nail forms pretty much the same or do some seem better than others? I got a roll at Sally's ...while this is new to me, I seem to be having trouble getting the form snug up under the free edge.

I decided to try sculpting a couple nails on myself yesterday ...did pretty good but I found it a bit frustrating trying to get the forms in place - I can't close the little gap under the free edge & just above the form (if you're following me) - is this normal or what am I doing wrong? Maybe it will just come with practice. TY in advance!
the best things in life, aren't things ...
(05-03-2013, 06:57 AM)loribe Wrote: Are all nail forms pretty much the same or do some seem better than others? I got a roll at Sally's ...while this is new to me, I seem to be having trouble getting the form snug up under the free edge.

I decided to try sculpting a couple nails on myself yesterday ...did pretty good but I found it a bit frustrating trying to get the forms in place - I can't close the little gap under the free edge & just above the form (if you're following me) - is this normal or what am I doing wrong? Maybe it will just come with practice. TY in advance!

No, all nail forms are definitely not the same. But you should be able to practice with less expensive ones.
So, a couple tips. Always take the center pieceout and put it on the back of the form to help hold the shape
[Image: IMG_2297_zpsf8bfa5d7.jpg]
Sometimes the form doesn't fit snug under your free edge, because the 'mouth' of the form is the wrong shape for your nail
and you get a little gap
[Image: IMG_2298_zps31e6c37a.jpg]
What you can do is cut away the part of the form that is pressing against the sides of the finger
[Image: IMG_2299_zps78492a92.jpg]
Now the form fits under the nail with no gaps.
[Image: IMG_2301_zpsb5f58801.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2302_zps68dbb3f8.jpg]
Now I just keep these forms around for practice. The reason I don't use them is as you can see here, in order to close the form on the end I have to pinch it too much and it gets kind of a cone shape and that throws off my c curve a little bit.
[Image: IMG_2304_zpsaf538a8d.jpg]
I'm doing my nails tomorrow by the way lol
Wow! Great tutorial there =)
OMG! Thank you so much for taking the time to do that! I soooo appreciate it & it is very helpful! Thanks jb! Heart
the best things in life, aren't things ...
You're welcome!