You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about nail charms
I'm talking about the 3-d metal nail charms. For those who use them, what is the best way to stick them to the nail (gel or acrylic)? Also, how do you remove them when doing a fill? It does not seem likely that you can just file through them.
There is a jewelry bit that goes on the e-file, that's how I create the hole. For removal I just use my tip cutters to clip off the end of the nail and it will pop right off.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Thanks, but I did not mean the dangle charms but the flat ones.
Like This:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Cute-Shinny...20cca6e6d2
I have just used a bit of clear acrylic to stick the charm on top. I have also sealed them in the acrylic. But when you glue it on top your can nip it off with nippers fairly easily.
Lol, just goes to show how many options we have for nail art!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I apply them with acrylic, and just nip at the ball with my cuticle nippers. Whatever is left of the acrylic can just be filed off.
I do have a question..... I drill the hole and place a full cut diamond into hole, use nail glue all the way around and underneath... after a few days my client calls and said it came out. The backing of the diamond is still in tack...what can I do to correct. Putting a top coat or gel on top would take away the facets :0/.... Any help would be great. P.S. It looks BEAUTIFUL when first done..... Smile
To make the best nails is to do the best you can!!
(05-09-2013, 06:54 PM)nailsbytheresa Wrote: I do have a question..... I drill the hole and place a full cut diamond into hole, use nail glue all the way around and underneath... after a few days my client calls and said it came out. The backing of the diamond is still in tack...what can I do to correct. Putting a top coat or gel on top would take away the facets :0/.... Any help would be great. P.S. It looks BEAUTIFUL when first done..... Smile

I've never used the rhinestones with the pointed back just the flat ones but the same thing happens. The bond between the backing and the glue is stronger than the bond between the backing and the crystal. Sometimes, when something hits it, it comes apart. It may be the brand of crystals I use but this has never happened to me when I've used acrylic to glue down the stone. You probably would have to drill a bigger hole. Also I've been using CND gel bond recently for rhinestones and it hasn't happened so far.
(05-09-2013, 06:54 PM)nailsbytheresa Wrote: I do have a question..... I drill the hole and place a full cut diamond into hole, use nail glue all the way around and underneath... after a few days my client calls and said it came out. The backing of the diamond is still in tack...what can I do to correct. Putting a top coat or gel on top would take away the facets :0/.... Any help would be great. P.S. It looks BEAUTIFUL when first done..... Smile

That method sounds really neat Smile do you have a picture of a finished nail using that technique I would be very interested to see what the finished product looks like Smile
CuuryMcfurry..... Leave me your email and I can send you a picture. I haven't figured out how to post here sorry....
To make the best nails is to do the best you can!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,289
02-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Last PostDarcy
Replies: 2
Views: 1,740
07-06-2015, 09:17 AM