You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail Art Questions
Hello,

I have a hard time getting my "bling" to stay on. I usually top coat with Seche and stick it on, within a couple of ours it's off. Could you please tell me how you stick bling on to Lacquer and gel polish? This keeps making me look stupid.

Next,Can you embed fimos into hard gel and/or sog?
Also, are there special striper brushes for gel polish? Or can I just use the ones I have?

How do you foil on gel polish? Foil on tacky then topcoat?

Thank You!
NY Licensed Nail + Waxing Tech
Owner/Developer Suite Tee
http://www.Facebook.com/TashawnaH
Instagram: @SuiteTee
Foils are pretty easy to use with Shellac. The tacky layer is usually sticky enough where you don't need to add any adhesive. For other gels or when they don't stick, I use The Best Glue Ever. You can get in online from ebay scrapbooking/craft stores or from other sites online. I like to use a brush and swipe it on THIN at full strength then you let it go clear and add your foil.

I use CND Gel Bond glue to adhere gems to gel polish nails then top coat around my crystals. I don't put the gel over my swarovski's because I don't want to dull the shine. I use a little thin brush to apply the top coat around the crystals and between them.
In addition to Melissa's great advice above, yes you can embed fimos, just make sure they are sliced super thin so you can mold them to a curvy nail if you have to. If they are too thick, sometimes you end up filing off the design when you finish file the nail.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Getting stones to stay on nail polish - I would put he second oat of polish a little thick, about the time you are ready to do your stones it should be tacky enough to push the stones into the polish, then use a heavier top coat to really encase it.

Fimos can be embeded into just about anything except regular polish.. that can be done also but advise the client it wont stay long. It helps to soften them up just a bit. I took the fimo slice with a tweezer and held it CLOSE to a regular lightblub or TOUCHED it to the flourscent Ott light bulb. The heat softens the slice just enough so that it will bed that little bit you need. Remember the very nature of the fimos slices is the design runs all the way through. So if you are having a tough time, cut the slice thicker and thin it out with your file after what ever you embeded it into has cured.

I just added I think it is 7 new transfer foils. and a slew of stiping tapes in 1/32" and super thin 1/64" in a rainbow of colors in the Shoppe!!
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

(03-31-2013, 01:00 PM)BeautyTech.com Wrote: Getting stones to stay on nail polish - I would put he second oat of polish a little thick, about the time you are ready to do your stones it should be tacky enough to push the stones into the polish, then use a heavier top coat to really encase it.

Fimos can be embeded into just about anything except regular polish.. that can be done also but advise the client it wont stay long. It helps to soften them up just a bit. I took the fimo slice with a tweezer and held it CLOSE to a regular lightblub or TOUCHED it to the flourscent Ott light bulb. The heat softens the slice just enough so that it will bed that little bit you need. Remember the very nature of the fimos slices is the design runs all the way through. So if you are having a tough time, cut the slice thicker and thin it out with your file after what ever you embeded it into has cured.

I just added I think it is 7 new transfer foils. and a slew of stiping tapes in 1/32" and super thin 1/64" in a rainbow of colors in the Shoppe!!

Thanks Debbie. Is one topcoat better for adhering the bling? Or are you saying to put a thicker 2nd coat of polish then a heavier topcoat? I feel like I may have tried that but I've only used Seche or Good to Go and both haven't worked. It's the one I'm most asked to do so this is so frustrating. I'll checkout the new foils!

NY Licensed Nail + Waxing Tech
Owner/Developer Suite Tee
http://www.Facebook.com/TashawnaH
Instagram: @SuiteTee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 8
Views: 4,087
01-12-2013, 09:40 PM