You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My OPI Gel Polish test results and feedback
After reading that some were having trouble with the removal process of the OPI gel polish I decided to do a test on my own fingers.
On one hand I did OPI from top to bottom - base coat, 2 color coats, and a thin top coat.
On the other I did Gelish base coat, 2 coats of OPI color, and thin Gelish top coat.

I just removed it. After GENTLY buffing the top coat on each hand I soaked a Hands Down lint free wipe (not the pad) in acetone, folded in 1/4's, and wrapped them on my fingers with a piece of foil, shiny side in. I started the timer at 7:49 and wrapped my hands in a towel. At 7:59 I checked them. The hand with Gelish top and base was wrinkled and ready to come off and 'scraped' right off very easily. I then lifted the foil from the first finger of the total OPI hand and I was expecting the worst....

.....but get this....

....it came off in one whole piece with no residue to even scrape off. I really wish I'd recorded it to show you!!!

My feedback on the OPI is this: I don't find it to be thin at all, in fact I thought it was thicker than most and I was a little worried that it wouldn't go on nice, but it did. I had no pooling anywhere.
Also: I have problem nails - meaning that nothing ever lasts on my nails. However, the OPI gel polish lasted beautifully with no chipping, peeling, lifting...nothing - on both hands!

My personal opinion....I'm totally impressed! Everyone knows I'm a Gelish girl through and through, but OPI just may give it a run for it's money!

- this was not a paid endorsement - Big Grin
Uh Oh.. As soon as I get them in my local Peels open stock I am running in for a bottle of My Private Jet for myself and Hawaiian orchid for a client. Then I am sure I will need others that are so well loved.

The soak off for each line is so different, not only from other lines, but from one time to the next using the same product. It sounds like your OPI came off a lot like some of my Polish Pro soak offs. I wonder if its mandatory to not just buff the top coat but to really file through it as a whole. Sometimes with Gelish I file a hole in the center, making sure I see color on my file. OPI may be where you would just have to file all the top coat off.

Thank you for the info, very good to know.
Can you please tell me which lamp you used to cure your OPI gel polish? And how long did you cure it for?
Dedee
Peggy, glad to help! Do you have the list of the colors they have out now? I can share if needed. My clients keep asking me when I'm going to bring the kit in but I dont ever bring anything in until I do a trial run. Theyre so excited about it! After all, everyone loves "OPEE" lol.
Dedee, I used the OPI gel polish lamp that came with the kit.
Each coat cures for 30 seconds.

It says in the instructions if you're not using the OPI light, cure times are: base coat - 1 minute, color coat 2 minutes each, top coat - 3 minutes. Also says times may vary if using different lights.
ColleenNY :
> Dedee, I used the OPI gel polish lamp that came with the kit.
> Each coat cures for 30 seconds.
>
> It says in the instructions if you're not using the OPI light, cure times are:
> base coat - 1 minute, color coat 2 minutes each, top coat - 3 minutes. Also
> says times may vary if using different lights.

I assume that the times for other lamps are for CFL UV lamps - 36 watts? What about non-OPI LED UV lamps? Do they say anything about that?
No, you may have to test and see how they work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 2,498
08-18-2015, 08:15 PM
Last PostWinterb
Replies: 12
Views: 8,564
05-18-2013, 07:29 PM