You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail art, design, cost, new trends, HELP
Through my searches on this site, I have been directed to the most amazing videos imaginable. As I view them, I see instructional videos for one single nail lasting approximately 12 - 27 minutes. If I pretend for a moment I have the skill that these others have, (I'm NOT even close), I would be spending an average of 2 hours for a service???? How does one charge for this.

I'm sorry to elaborate, but almost a year ago, I experienced my first "duck bill" nail request, she wore them for a couple of months but she has since been wearing square, oval, squoval. I have just had my first request for stiletto nails, appointment set for tomorrow. I have yet to actually see them in real life....its not that I don't get out, it's just new to my area, and I want to be one of the ones one top. How do I get started? I am excited, nervous and need help.
I'm kind of confused. Did you say you had an appointment to do a set of stilleto nails,but you never saw them in real life before? I personally would ask the cliente to let me practice a new shape before I said I would do the service. That's putting a lot of stress on yourself! One of the things I always tell people that I teach, is to only show people the things that you do really well! The work that you do, is out there walking around being talked about,and compaired to other work.(just a little advise from one tech to another!) Good luck with your nails. And I commend you for trying new things!
Tesss Walters
http://www.puttinonthenails.com
Inventor of THE CLAZY GRIP!
Owner/Operator
Educator
Master Gel Technician
[email protected]
FB Group Page ( The Art Of the Pen)
You can find tutorial video's for both gel and acrylic stiletto's here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/IrynaGiblett
Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com
Online educational videos are amazing. I jumped in, took a chance, and they turned out beautiful. She's been very pleased, and I've had fun with the rebalances. They're more of a lipstick nail now, a little more functional for her. Whew! My Thanks to all of you on this Board for this, and all my posts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 1,896
05-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Last PostBabbs
Replies: 11
Views: 7,038
12-22-2013, 09:58 PM