You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gelish issues....as well!
Hello- sorry to post another gelish issue in a row..... I have a few issues- HELP! I have 18w LED light, follow all steps- I'm a newby- 11 days is the longest I've had a friends gel polish last before chip or peeling?? It happens in different areas- near cuticle, near free edge?? I just started today wiping down AFTER curing foundation- hoping this helps????
I noticed on the 1st coat the polish is runny by the time i reach the last finger?? Also when I cure it almost seems to shrink.... I know it does upon curing, but it's actually shrinking visibly away from edges & actually off of free edges- I cap the FE again.... And it's off- & if I do a dark color it stains the underside of nail! I also notice when I apply Gelish to myself within 3-5 days the polish completely rubs off the free edge- I don't necessarily get lift or Peel right away but It's the start of it? Could it be my free edge is too thin?
I would like to add nail art to gelish application but until I can get the polish application down to a science I don't want to add or change anything!
I considered 2 layers of Top It Off instead of 1.....I considered switching back to 36w Uv light- Any suggestions??
thanks so much!!!!!!!!
Has the bottle been shaken? Here's my process: Roll the bottle well between my hands to "mix" the product. Apply base coat extremely thin. I find if I pull out the brush - there is enough on the brush for five nails. I put some base on ALL five and then go back and "scrub" it on each nail. Cure in 18G led light. Two coats of color. I notice sometimes the "running" that you are talking about... if I see that I cure two or three fingers at a time. The LED light is so quick that it's no problem to do that. One liberal coat of top coat. I will cure the top coat for longer because I'm so liberal. I find the liberal top coat is the key against chipping. When you remove the polish -you need to remove the shine and soak for a min or two longer because of the thicker top coat. I find my clients don't mind the full 10 min soak or 12 min - because their polish stays on so well. Hope this helps.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
In the last few months I started doing two coats of "Top It Off" on clients instead of one coat, and it seems to make a big differnece in how their gel polish lasts. Clients are thrilled with the results, and remind us now to not forget their second top coat.

I even had some clients, that for some reason or other in their mind decided that they are totally against gel polish, decide to have it done recently "just for the holiday" because of the awesome festive red glittery colors. I did two coats of top coat during their service, and now they are converts and have decided that they now love gel polish. "It looks great and lasts soooo long!!" they say.

Now that we have been doing gel polish for a few years we know the subtle nuances that make for fabulous gel polish application and wear - we ususally do three (thin) coats of the polish color for complete non-streak coverage and a beautiful full color look, clean and crisp lines of color on the sides and at the cuticle of the nails, two applications of top coat, and we keep repeating to clients the need to use cuticle oil each and every day. Makes for happy, happy gel polish customers!!
Thanks so much!
(01-12-2013, 09:26 PM)[email protected] Wrote: last before chip or peeling?? It happens in different areas- near cuticle, near free edge?? I just started today wiping down AFTER curing foundation- hoping this helps????

The dry wiping will help somewhat.. you should use far less base and you should not have to dry wipe at all. Many brands also recommend "capping the free edge". are you doing that with every coat with your Gelish? Eco from Star Nail is one that actually says do NOT cap the edges, but most other brands say it is important to do so.

Quote:I noticed on the 1st coat the polish is runny by the time i reach the last finger?? Also when I cure it almost seems to shrink.... I know it does upon curing, but it's actually shrinking visibly away from edges & actually off of free edges- I cap the FE again.... And it's

Too much base coat is causing this.. and thats why you are dry wiping, but apparently not getting enough of the dispersion layer off with whatever method you are using. If gel polish is applied and there is too much sticky dispersion layer, it will almost float around on there.. swim, shrink, pull back how ever you want to describe it.. that is the reasoning.

Try this post I answered earlier today on this very subject:
http://beautytech.com/forums/showthread.php?pid=25649
You can also try here (question # 7 & 19)
http://www.nailtech.com/starnail/assorte...-a-14.html

Quote:I considered 2 layers of Top It Off instead of 1.....

Someone reported they had good luck with that, but be aware it could increase your soak time.
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

I appreciate the help!! I will look @ the link & try the suggestions!! Thank you so much!
I quit "dry wiping" the foundation or base coat - I don't do it anymore. Just didn't seem worth the trouble if you do your base coat really thin. I do have clients flash cure each finger as I am loading polish on the brush for the next nail to be polished. Flash curing helps keep the polish from moving around the nail, or shrinking back from the edge, and pooling.

I use the "Young Nails" gel polish remover bit to take off the "top coat" layers before the "soak off" process. Saves on the soak off time, and the bit is also great to use to completely and carefully remove gel polish on a nail that a client has cracked skin around, or damaged skin that will hurt from an acetone soak. Love, love, love that bit. Great for gel polish removal on the toes. Just be sure to watch the Young Nails video on how to use it - it helps you understand how the bit is most effectively used at certain angles on the nail surface.
Great suggestion- I'll look into that- I just received in a sample of young Nails gel & catalog actually!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,287
09-29-2016, 01:30 AM
Last PostJulieM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,293
04-14-2015, 12:22 PM