You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gelish/Jessica Gel Breakdown HELP
Hello ladies!

Help please! I've been using Jessica/Geleration for gel manis and have recently begun experiencing a breakdown in the process. About half of my gel clients are chipping/peeling around day 8 or 9. i bought a new Starpro UV lamp in August and new foundation and top last month hoping it would help but i'm still coming up short. Am now considering buying the Gelish lamp, as i use Gelish products the most. Saw a recent post reminding techs to keep the base layer very thin. Any other tips/suggestions/recommendations? Frustrated in Missouri!! Thank you!
Yes... Keep the base layer very thin. I pull the brush out of the bottle and wipe as much off as I can on the rim. Then I swipe across three or four nails - just putting "some" base coat on. Then I go back and use that tiny amount to polish the base. That way I know I'm using just a tiny bit. does that make sense? Then I am pretty liberal with the top coat and color coats. I make sure that I get every square inch of the nail, capping sides and free edge. If I am "too" liberal with the top coat I'll cure for longer to make sure it is fully cured. I get good results - at about three weeks with 90% of the clients. Of course, there is always that client who is super harsh or who picks. Smile Good Luck. Shoot me an email if you have any other questions. I love GELISH and their LED lamp!
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
I would suggest changing the bulbs in the lamp. I know you said you recently purchased it but you never know what your really getting, maybe that will help. Good luck!
(11-30-2012, 02:07 AM)Gr8Nailz Wrote: Yes... Keep the base layer very thin. I pull the brush out of the bottle and wipe as much off as I can on the rim. Then I swipe across three or four nails - just putting "some" base coat on. Then I go back and use that tiny amount to polish the base. That way I know I'm using just a tiny bit. does that make sense? Then I am pretty liberal with the top coat and color coats. I make sure that I get every square inch of the nail, capping sides and free edge. If I am "too" liberal with the top coat I'll cure for longer to make sure it is fully cured. I get good results - at about three weeks with 90% of the clients. Of course, there is always that client who is super harsh or who picks. Smile Good Luck. Shoot me an email if you have any other questions. I love GELISH and their LED lamp!

Thank you so very much.

(11-30-2012, 10:58 PM)getnailed20 Wrote: I would suggest changing the bulbs in the lamp. I know you said you recently purchased it but you never know what your really getting, maybe that will help. Good luck!

Thank you very much!
Hey gr8nailz...
Do u have any tips/tricks for quicker soak off? I'm getting so frustrated and its taking forever. I break the seal, wrap with foil and cotton (acetone with eco soak off) then apply heat and my gelish barely budges. Still having to file off tons Undecided grrrr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,471
06-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Last PostNailzOnLine
Replies: 2
Views: 2,756
02-14-2015, 04:46 PM