You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail Strengthener - Help
Help..I have a client who took her acrylics off to grow her nails naturally. She started using a nail hardener that she bought at Sally's and wanted me to use it at her appts. After 6 months her nails looked really good so she decided to go to Gelish on them. After 1 week all her nails cracked and broke. She has now gone back to using the nail hardener. Does anyone have any idea why this could have happened. I have been using Gelish on other clients and never had any breakage. Thanks.
Jane
I would say it sounds like she needs cuticle oil to help the nails with flexibility more than she needs a hardener. Hard nails do not equal strong nails.
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read that you should alternate the use of hardeners and strengtheners so the nail doesn't get brittle and dry out as just stated above. I had problems similar to what you have described and solar oil has done wonders for me.
Ditto to what has already been mentioned. Her nails have actually dried out which is why they appear hard. Now they are breaking. Cuticle oil will replenish the moisture that the hardener removed.

Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Thank you so much. That was my thinking as well but this way I have backup!!
Jane
Yep, agree with what the other ladies said. The issue wasn't with Gelish it was with the hardner. Hard nails break, flexible nailes bend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 10
Views: 12,537
02-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Last PostJulieM