You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail Tip Question. Plz Help
Had a client with wide nail beds. Had a hard time matching tips to fit. Plz advice on what nail tips you use for a variety of nail beds and where you get them. Thanks soooo much!
I absolutely LoVe Nailites 'futura' tips. They come in the standard sizes and are thinner/easier to blend than CND's formation tips--- which i used from the very beginning. I actually cld not believe how much thicker they were until i ran out of a size and had to go to cosmoprof for one size refils. They are so much thicker!!! The Nailite tips conform to the natural nail and blend so easily. But something ive learned working where i am now is u dont have to even blend them or rough them up if u r just doing a regular set...and not a french mani..so ya...you can actually call Nailite and ask for Lisa..tell her Tracy recommended them...see if she can send you a cpl of the bigger sizes like 5 and up. Even their box full is only $20 & that is such a DEAL....its http://www.nailiteinc.com. check out their website and pretty much anytg u want to try Lisa will send out (within reason of course)..kk hope this helps!!SmileSmile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Tracy thnks so much for your reply, I knew I could count on you because you have helped so many people with your continuous answers. I'll get up with Lisa and have you a great weekend.Smile
Pre-Etched Nails has the Gator tips for wide nails, and being well-less you place them where you need them. fingernailtips.com
Always be kind....you get farther.
You can skip the use of tips with sculpting instead. Sculpting is one size fits all. Smile
Anna
I always try to find tips in a "0" or a Toe Nail tip. Those work wonderful for oversized nails. The Gator Grip nails are fantastic for club thumbs and nail biters. Definitely worth keeping for those "special" clients.
Oooo i wish I cld sculpt!! Ive been licensed for 13 years and still cannot sculpt to save my life. I think its a mental block or something!! Lol
But anyhoo-- you are welcome sweetie. Lisa has been taking care of me for almost 10 years and has never let me down. They really do have some outstanding deals. Seeing their prices on some things really gives u an idea how much markup the "brand name" products are!! Makes ya sick almost. But at least we have alternatives like Nailite..their 500 box of tips like i said is only $20 bucks!!! Cannot beat that anywhere!!!
And i have used the pre etched tips before but are they still so stinkin thick?? And now that we know that you dont even Have to pre etch tips for regualr full sets-- thats something u can avoid all together!!!
Ok well everyone have a wonderful weekend!!! Chao!!!
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I had a terrible time trying to sculpt. I had a great client that let me work on her. My 1st set took about 3 hours. Tammy Taylor says her 1st set took around 8 hours. She now holds the record for sculpting a set in less than 20 minutes. LOL She says about an hour is a good time for sculpting a set. You can download a copy of her practice sheet on her website. Even if you don't use her products, the practice sheet is a great help in learning placement and the amount of acrylic to put down. Her videos are used by many as educational tools. Check her out.
Always be kind....you get farther.
(09-22-2012, 10:20 PM)anointdhndz Wrote: Oooo i wish I cld sculpt!! Ive been licensed for 13 years and still cannot sculpt to save my life. I think its a mental block or something!! Lol
But anyhoo-- you are welcome sweetie. Lisa has been taking care of me for almost 10 years and has never let me down. They really do have some outstanding deals. Seeing their prices on some things really gives u an idea how much markup the "brand name" products are!! Makes ya sick almost. But at least we have alternatives like Nailite..their 500 box of tips like i said is only $20 bucks!!! Cannot beat that anywhere!!!
And i have used the pre etched tips before but are they still so stinkin thick?? And now that we know that you dont even Have to pre etch tips for regualr full sets-- thats something u can avoid all together!!!
Ok well everyone have a wonderful weekend!!! Chao!!!

The owner of P.E. has got some of the tips in a much thinner style. Still thicker than regular Asian thins but not nearly as bulky as they were.
I literally forced myself to learn sculpting and now I've gotten fairly decent with it. Certainly not ready to go win any comps with it but it'll do in a pinch, lol!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,281
02-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Last PostDarcy
Replies: 3
Views: 3,034
12-19-2013, 11:12 AM