You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cuccio sugar scrub? anyone use it?
Looking for a sugar scrub as close to Qtica as possible. Love Qtica because it doesn't make a mess and easy cleanup. But I hate that I have to order online and pay for shipping.... local Cosmoprof sells cuccio vanilla sugar scrub... just wondering if anyone uses it and loves it.
Thanks
Heidi
I haven't used that scent yet, but I have all the others and they are great. Young Nails also has the Lomasi line, and if you order over $50 you don't pay shipping!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Do you use the sugar or salt scrubs? Love the salt scrubs but too chunky for the hands.
The Cuccio scrubs are fantastic. There is a coarser scrub and a finer grit. And the smell so yummy!
I use Lomasi for the hands, but right now I am using the sugar scrub at home, and have found that for the hands you use a smaller amount and add a bit of warm water and it works great.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I have used the Cuccio scrubs. They are nice and smell great, but I still love Qutica more. If you place a larger order there is no s/h. I find that the scrubs that are a heavy oil base can sometimes make it harder when removing a callus. The clean up is harder also. I am just happy with Qutica. Big Grin :lol:
Cuccio has some of the most luxurious scents but I prefer Qtica's scrubs because they are neater to work with...even if their scents smell incredibly cheap. Smelling them always make me feel like I am in a dollar store. And regardless of how you regard dollar stores, who the heck wants to come into a salon (or even a spa for that matter) and be reminded of the dollar store? :|

If Cuccio makes a gel-based scrub then I am ALL OVER IT! Here in GA, there is a local (supposedly) product called "Spataneous." I buy them in the 5-gallon pails. It's less expensive than Qtica's and smells on par with Cuccio's. It only comes in a single scent: tangerine. Boooooooooo. Sad

I've sent Cuccio many e-mails over the years. I hope they have something in the works.
I love the Cuccios scents and I do love the butters but I am NOT a fan of the scrubs. They are too chunky and the scrub flies all over and makes a mess. Honestly, the very best scrubs I've found as far as consistency AND scents are the Nubar ones. LOVE them.
Michele
bengalkat :

> Honestly, the very best scrubs I've found as far as consistency AND scents
> are the Nubar ones. LOVE them.

I second that Michele and not for obvious reasons, lol.

The organic brown sugar scrubs are infused with oils so the sugar doesn't really crumble but it's not gooey like Qtica either. It spreads so nice and starts to moisturize as it is exfoliating. The scents are not over powering but the butters are more highly scented. The small amount of product that is actually needed to do a service makes these already affordable products go a long way making your profit margin quite high. Great retail product too.
Ellen Torchia
Owner Too Much Fun
President SB&S Graphics, Inc
Replicator Graphics

Former Top 10 Competitor

"A mind once stretched by the imagination never regains it's original form."
I have tried and am currently using the Nubar sugar scrub and I don't like it that much. It doesn't seem to spread easy, and I use a warm towel to remove it and it's very difficult to remove. I have to have the client rinse in th sink. Is there an easier way??
I've always used a footsie bath and just rinsed in that water and never had any issues. I don't think it's hard to 'spread'. I would sometimes add a splash of water with it but that's it. It's a great consistency and feels great.

hlaurette :
> I have tried and am currently using the Nubar sugar scrub and I don't like
> it that much. It doesn't seem to spread easy, and I use a warm towel to remove
> it and it's very difficult to remove. I have to have the client rinse in th
> sink. Is there an easier way??
Michele
hlaurette :
> I have tried and am currently using the Nubar sugar scrub and I don't like
> it that much. It doesn't seem to spread easy, and I use a warm towel to remove
> it and it's very difficult to remove. I have to have the client rinse in th
> sink. Is there an easier way??

Are you using the old white organic scrub or the new brown sugar scrub?

If you are having trouble removing it, you may be using too much product and wasting your profits. The brown sugar spreads quite nicely on a slightly wet leg or arm.

Like Michele, I use a footsie bath with no issues. We demo the scrub on hands and arms at trade shows and only use a spray bottle to wet the hand and also remove with a little spray then wipe with paper towels. If it removes that way on the trade show floor I can't imagine it wouldn't remove easy in the salon.
Ellen Torchia
Owner Too Much Fun
President SB&S Graphics, Inc
Replicator Graphics

Former Top 10 Competitor

"A mind once stretched by the imagination never regains it's original form."
thanks for the tips on Nubar with the water!!!! Will try! Scent smells sooo good.
The Cuccio Scrubs are available in several yummy scents and they are marked as coarse and fine on the web site. If you email me privately, I will see what I can do about getting you a sample. Just click the link under this post to email me. The 19oz size is only $14.75 and there are frequent deals. If you head over to http://www.professionalbeautymails.com and click the Free Pro Beauty Offers and register to receive the ScentualSpaProducts.com deal offers.
Lorraine, webgirl
http://www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco Soak Off UV Gel Polish No Solvents, Double the Size - Same Price!
Cinapro Nail Creations - New Art Kits!
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Cuccio Natural - Enhance the Spa Experience
Free Shipping on all orders over $75

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 61
Views: 74,219
01-14-2017, 08:31 PM