You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wearing gelish while pedicuring....
I'm a new nail tech, and was wondering if any of you nail techs out there ever had an issue with wearing gelish while giving a pedicure? I had gloves on and it seemed as if the "top it off" and polish was melting off in the gloves. Has this happen to you? I want to keep my nails done (my natural nails). Could you please help, what's the best alternative??? Thank you in advance, Ella
Well obviously you arent using the system correctly bcuz ive never heard of that. If you can takeva class somewhere or watch sum videos...it would help you cuz gel polish doesnt just 'melt off'. Best wishes to u Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Thanks, I will look into some classes...
I wear Gelish all the time and have never had an issue with it during pedicures. The only time it's a problem is if I'm not careful when using acetone to remove a client's polish. After using acetone all day long and several days in a row, the Top It Off gets dull on the two fingers I use to hold the cotton with acetone on it.
What kind of gloves are you wearing? Are they the nitrile ones with no powder in them? I have had issue with the ones with powder in them making the TIO dull.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
Acetone does seem to work its way through the gloves a bit - I actually use mani-Q top coat as it wears better (IMO) than Gelish and I don't have problems with it dulling. But then, I use acetone maybe 2 or 3 times a week, so I don't come into contact with it enough to have problems.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Your right about the gloves, I need to invest in better gloves... And also I didn't use gelish polish, and I didn't wait for it to dry good before using top it off... But it's nice to hear that other techs haven't had any issues, with wearing gelish and performing pedicures... I really appreciate the replies. Thanks ladies :-)
(09-11-2012, 01:27 AM)Mtchllell Wrote: Your right about the gloves, I need to invest in better gloves... And also I didn't use gelish polish, and I didn't wait for it to dry good before using top it off... But it's nice to hear that other techs haven't had any issues, with wearing gelish and performing pedicures... I really appreciate the replies. Thanks ladies :-)

"I didn't wait for it to dry good" - what did you use then? This comment needs clarification - gel polishes need to cure in a UV or LED lamp, so this comment doesn't make any sense to me.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I did not wait for the polish to dry... I did not use the gelish colour..I used the gelish foundation a regular polish and top it off...
You can use regular polish with Gelish base and top coat, but it's super important to let the polish dry completely before applying the top coat. It will last a little longer than with regular top coat, but not as long as gel polish.

If you use gelish for the color it will last really well, even when doing manicures and pedicures, especially if you limit contact to the polish with acetone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 18
Views: 11,534
06-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Last Postloribe
Replies: 8
Views: 4,084
10-03-2012, 08:00 PM