You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will be starting to booth rent....
So starting December 20th I will be booth renting in a salon part time. I will be the only nail tech as it is mainly a hair salon, but there is a seperate room for nails now since they have had so many requests for nails!
So what all is involved? Do I need to get any type of insurance? And do I need to register with the state for taxes in any way?!
Im soooo new to this booth renting thing I dont even know where tobegin other than handing her a check each week and doing my job Smile
Thanks for the help!
Some salons insure their renters, I advise against that and would get your own. I pay $23 a month for liability and what I own to be covered through American Family Insurance. I don't know what your state requires of renters, not a special license to operate though, you will pay your rent, your should have a key so you can prove to the IRS your self employed, plus you should be able to have access to your belongings at all times. You will pay your taxes, quarterly is recommended but I do mine yearly filing joint married. You can get get quarterly payment coupons from the IRS site, or google it to find out.
You should also have your own phone line for appointments, and you control all your money. In a nut shell, pretend you have a salon of your own, aside from retail and toiletries you provide what you need to do every service. We provide our own towels where I am, and laundry at home. I even have my own cups and tea or lemonade for clients. The salon provinces nothing for me but the tablet sit at. And the restroom supplies for clients.
Sit down with the owner and talk about what is provided by the salon and what is your responsibility. Some salons will provide towels and laundry, some only laundry (some you have to provide your own soap), and some none at all. Some will have a towel service that everyone contributes to depending on the number of towels you use. Some will provide a pedi chair, some you have to have your own footbath. Some provide water and other drinks for clients. Most provide paper products for clients, but you may have to provide your own paper towels for your clients. Some provide insurance that add you to their policy- usually you can find your own insurance cheaper. I would also recommend insurance to cover your stuff in case of fire or other damages.(Had a lady miss her brake and run through the salon wall once). And get things in writing- a contract. I lknow many say that an owner is gonna do as they please, but at least you have documentation. If you would like to see my standard contract please email me- [email protected] Good luck.
Always be kind....you get farther.
If you plan to sell retail, you'll need a retail sales license, that has to be paid quarterly. YOu also might want to get your cards made up with your cell # on it, if you haven't already.
Quote:Tn Nail Lady :
> Sit down with the owner and talk about what is provided by the salon and what
> is your responsibility. Some salons will provide towels and laundry, some only
> laundry (some you have to provide your own soap), and some none at all. Some
> will have a towel service that everyone contributes to depending on the number
> of towels you use. Some will provide a pedi chair, some you have to have your
> own footbath. Some provide water and other drinks for clients. Most provide
> paper products for clients, but you may have to provide your own paper towels
> for your clients. Some provide insurance that add you to their policy- usually
> you can find your own insurance cheaper. I would also recommend insurance to
> cover your stuff in case of fire or other damages.(Had a lady miss her brake
> and run through the salon wall once). And get things in writing- a contract.
> I lknow many say that an owner is gonna do as they please, but at least you
> have documentation. If you would like to see my standard contract please email
> me- [email protected] Good luck.

Great info, thank you ladies!! .

Tn Nail Lady,:?: can I have a copy of your standard contract too please?.
I am also new in the business and considering doing the part time booth renting for now.

I will wait for your answer so I can email you, Thank you!.
Park Nails please email me.
Always be kind....you get farther.
Big Grin Tn Nail Lady,Thank you!!. :wink:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,014
02-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Last PostSoonerGirlNails