You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffing natural nails
Ok I have brought many different buffers and buffing cream. I would like to get a high shine buff for a man without polish. It seems like when I use the buffers after you do the first two nails the rest don't appear as glossy. Help what am I doing wrong!
The Pink Door
Skip the traditional buffer and cream and go get one of the newer 2 sided buffers....they are blue..OPI has a good one and Sallys carries them too. Dont use oil or cream tho..it will gum up the buffer and ruin it. Make sure you have a clean dry nail and u will get a high shine...!!! Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I do as anointdhndz does. I use a teensy bit higher grit file to start with, getting all the ridges off, dust the nails off, (it's really important to do that between each buffing), then go to the black side of the buffer, then the white. The high shine will come up almost immediately. No creams needed.
(08-17-2012, 09:00 AM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: I do as anointdhndz does. I use a teensy bit higher grit file to start with, getting all the ridges off, dust the nails off, (it's really important to do that between each buffing), then go to the black side of the buffer, then the white. The high shine will come up almost immediately. No creams needed.

I should have used the word "lower" instead of higher. Sorry....
Super nails buffing cream and an old fashioned chamois buffer. Always making your last strokes in the same direction
Quick question. Is it a trend now to charge extra for polish and or buffing. I read recently on BT where the technician charges 15.00 To buff or polish nails. Then last week I saw a sign in front of a salon that said 30.00 pedicure including polish. To me it's wrong to charge an additional fee to polish. Just sayin! But then again I still use a chamois. Lol
Quick question. Is it a trend now to charge extra for polish and or buffing. I read recently on BT where the technician charges 15.00 To buff or polish nails. Then last week I saw a sign in front of a salon that said 30.00 pedicure including polish. To me it's wrong to charge an additional fee to polish. Just sayin!
Ya i think my clients wld think i was a cpl fries short of a happy meal if i told them that polish was extra. I know their are a few girls on here that do it....however i dont agree with it either. Thats what a pedicure is for. To clean up the nails& feet and a fresh polish application!!
To the ? About buffing extra money..i have no idea about that. I certainly havent seen it here in northeastern ohio....ok..take care Wink
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
(08-17-2012, 11:27 PM)its an art Wrote: Super nails buffing cream and an old fashioned chamois buffer. Always making your last strokes in the same direction
Quick question. Is it a trend now to charge extra for polish and or buffing. I read recently on BT where the technician charges 15.00 To buff or polish nails. Then last week I saw a sign in front of a salon that said 30.00 pedicure including polish. To me it's wrong to charge an additional fee to polish. Just sayin! But then again I still use a chamois. Lol
Quick question. Is it a trend now to charge extra for polish and or buffing. I read recently on BT where the technician charges 15.00 To buff or polish nails. Then last week I saw a sign in front of a salon that said 30.00 pedicure including polish. To me it's wrong to charge an additional fee to polish. Just sayin!

Some business owners structure their pricing schedule in a unisex fashion of leaving the price of polish out of the equation so that when men come into their salon they do not have to wonder about getting charged automatically for a polish application.

In the winter months in our area we actually do a lot of pedicures with no polish for the clients who want to keep polish off of their toes for the colder months when they will not be wearing sandals. We also have a few clients who cannot reach their toes due to hip or knee surgery - and they don't always want a full pedicure with polish. We have two prices for pedicures, with and without polish, so that clients don't feel as if they have overpaid when they decide not to have polish. We also offer a very simple "Clip and File" that many older folks take advantage of.

Just some insight into a different way of structuring your pricing schedule and why that way may be easier for some technicians when checking out their clients. It may just have to do with the type of clients they cater to other than the standard pedicure client - men, or special needs clients that do not want polish but still could use some help with their feet.

My salon charges extra for polish or buffing; view here: http://www.precisionnails.com/services-b...nails.html

For buffing, I love Flash Shiners.
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
Here's some additional information about pricing:

http://www.nwstylist.com/columns/2012/07...nsion.html
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author