You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Cross for Calluses?
I remember back when I was a lurker seeing some posts about using Blue Cross cuticle remover to help file off calluses. I've recently tried that with a client whose calluses are thick and cracking and got no results and didn't see any thing coming off. Could those of you who do this and have great results share with me again what you do? I must be doing something wrong. Here is what I did:
1. File on callus to take off what I could
2. Sprayed Blue Cross on areas
3. Wrapped areas with plastic wrap
4. Wrapped with a hot towel
5. Let stand for 5 mins.
6. Used e-file to file with pedi bit

Thank Ya!
I use Callus Eliminator
Here's how I use it,

I buy a package of puppy piddle pads and use it for the soaking part. I'll cut them in roughly 6"x6" squares which is approximately the size you'd need to do the heel and the ball of the foot. I warm the BCCR in a bowl of hot water, this is strictly for the comfort of the client. After I remove the client's foot from the water, I dry it, and using a squirt bottle, I'll put a 'heel size' amount on the pad, then place it under the client's heel. Put another like that under the ball of the foot. Wrap with a towel and let the mixture set about 5-8 min.
Remove the pads after it's set long enough, wipe with a towel and use something like a Chechi to remove the dead skin. At first, you won't see anything but after about 30 seconds or less, you'll see the dead skin rolling off. Be sure and rinse the foot well and I wouldn't use it on someone who had bad heel cracks. That stuff can get down in those cracks and it keeps working unless you take special effort to scrub it out with a brush.
Go straight to Nailite's website and buy their Spa Redi callus remover.....it is about 1/3 of the price of Callous Eliminator and more effective too!!
Then i get table towels and cut them like Donna does...in like 5" by 3" rectangles...you put a good glob on the square and smooth it on the area. Use a cpl if need be. I wrap in a towel and then proceed to do the nails and cuticles....by that time it has sat on there enough. Have them dip back in the water and rinse a littke....bring the foot back out and DRY it good...really rub that area bcuz the soft area comes right off with a foot file..when its dry. Then switch grits and the skin will just fly off!!! Very easy...very affordable and u will be a superhero to your clients.... Nailites 32oz bottle is only like $13!!!!! A fraction of the cost of callous eliminator. Its not runny either but thick so it stays where u put it!!! Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I need to place an order from Nailite anyways! Thanks for the tip!
Oh ya...dont waste ur money on the brand name....they told me the callous eliminator brand has weakened their product and its not as effective as it was....and its runny too...no offense for those who like CE....
Im just always looking for better products that make things easier....you will love it!!
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I use both CE and BCCR. When I use BCCR I keep it in a spray bottle and use a foot file. The mist makes me sneezy so I lean back after spraying. Once I start filing it's awesome to watch that skin roll.

Now when someone has a SERIOUS situation that's when I break out the CE.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
(07-31-2012, 04:13 PM)anointdhndz Wrote: Oh ya...dont waste ur money on the brand name....they told me the callous eliminator brand has weakened their product and its not as effective as it was....and its runny too...no offense for those who like CE....
Im just always looking for better products that make things easier....you will love it!!

I've never had any luck with the eliminator or foot logix. Could it be me?? lol
Oh, Ce used to work well when it first came out.....they just got more greedy and diluted the formula. I was told first hand that it isnt as effective as the original formula. And, its obvious.
You must follow the steps that Donna and I posted. If you dont, you wont get good results.
Sometimes techs think if they just 'give it a go'...and not do something properly....it will still work the way its suppose to...but that isnt the case. Im not referring to u...but my previous co workers.
I would always take the time to do things properly...very anal...very meticulous...and I always did the best pedicures...so much so that clients would secretly tell me how aweful the other 2 girls were.
But, they just kinda blew through the service.
In order to do a service properly, one must do the proper steps.
I promise..if you follow our directions you will get amazing results...and like I said....you will be a superstar to your clients!!! Smile
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I used blue cross for a long time it works great, just very runny, I would always place a cotton pad or paper towel soaked with blue cross on the heavier calluses to help the product do its magic. I also placed a sandwich bag over the foot and it helped to keep the pad on the skin, just cut the end open and slip over the toes, plus you can do this prior to working on the toes because they are exposed.

I DO NOT use Callus Eliminator any more because I had a client get a really bad chemical burn from it, a little got onto the top side of her foot and she never told me it was burning her until after I saw the red marks it had made on her when I was done working on her toes, she came back a month later for her next pedi and still had major scabbing from it, the Dr. tried to tell her she had MRSA, but it was a chemical burn from the CE.
Thank ya ladies, for the suggestions. Looks like all I need to do is take a pad and soak it and apply to the area. Will try that next time. ;-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 3,670
07-26-2013, 01:54 AM
Last Postsbwalnuss
Replies: 2
Views: 5,344
02-20-2013, 11:34 PM