You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Linkage, Something Wonderful, YN Protein Bond
Who has tried what and which one do you think is the best?

I still have some problem lifters!!! I have worked with educators and other techs who all say my prep is meticulous, and my application is fine. I cant figure these few out (mainly one, i think the other 2 are picking but wont admit it) I started using Linkage which has helped a little, but am frustrated with how picky it is. I follow the directions that come with it, clean the threads, the brush (everytime), close tightly, and store in a dark place...i still lost HALF a bottle!!! Came in one day, went to use it and it was all dried up!!

Is Nailites Something wonderful as good or as finicky? Its much cheaper Smile Ive heard good things about young nails protein bonder.
Thanks Smile
I have to admit my prep is good, but probably not meticulous. I use Nailite's gels and CND Retention with either OPI powder or Nailite's Omega powder, and I never get lifting with Nailite's Something Wonderful. It is not finicky at all. I'm not into high maitenance products with astromonical prices. The only time I get lifting if when old nails start pulling away from the free edge, never the cuticle.
Lee
Bella Capelli Salon

"Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." Franz Kafka
I have played a little with OPI, but have always been a CND girl. Ive been looking into switching lines, thinking maybe YN.

I was looking into the Omega powders but i like using opaque pinks and i dont think they make one, do they?

Also, how do you handle the nail seperating from the acrylic? It makes my clients crazy and usually end up pulling the nail off before they even give me a chance to repair it!
I've used Linkage and yes, it's good and it's finicky. I'm using YN's protein bond now and having no problems with it. I also will cure the PB on the nails for about 5 seconds and I've found that's help some of the people who have had lifting in the past. Not sure why it works but it does.
YN protein bond...love it !
Nailites Something Wonderful is great.....more affordable-- great results!!!!! Dont spend more money for products when their is no need to. I wld never put up with nonsense like what happens with linkage. Money is money...and isnt that little bottle $20 a pop?? Not me....try nailites.....i bet u cld even call up and ask Lisa for a sample....shes great!!! Tell her tracy sent u Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
The three you mention are the only 3 I've tried. I really liked Linkage, but had the problem with the waste. I've been using Something wonderful from Nailite for about a year and like it just as well.
Brenda

Brenda
Electrologist 30
Nail tech 3 years
Fairytale Nails (Bring on the bling)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brenda-Loc...1768602978
iv'e used both & they are great, after my last bit of linkage was gone about a year ago i switched to yn's protein bond only, love it! I always use 2 coats though...just a habitSmile
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
I have been having lifting with something wonderful, NONE with Linkage and just bought more, but there are bottle issues with the product drying out over night sometimes, and the only problem I have ever had with linkage I never had lifting issues with it, and YN is great as well, I have been using it lately and doing 2 coats and cure for a few seconds.
I have used all of the primers you mentioned.. I have found success with Light Elegance Bonder (requires a two minute cure) as well as their Air Bond (no cure time). I only have one gal I NEED to use the Bonder with, she's a picker/no glove wearing gardner/pseudo nail biter that uses her nails as tools 100% of the time. All of my other clients use the Air Bond. The price point is great & I have had to evaporating/solidifying with either product. May be worth a shot for you.. light Elegance has also been very kind about samples when I have wanted to try a product.. Might want to give them a call. hth
**The price point is great & I have had no evaporating/solidifying with either product.
I had a typo in there, sorry for any confusion.
“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” ~ Coco Chanel

Covet Salon 12590 SW Broadway Beaverton OR 97005
Protein bond is my favorite and I will never use anything else. Clients go weeks even two months with no lifting, but I recommend using th YN swipe first before applying protein bond. good luck! Smile
Darlene
(07-27-2012, 08:30 PM)getnailed20 Wrote: I have played a little with OPI, but have always been a CND girl. Ive been looking into switching lines, thinking maybe YN.

I was looking into the Omega powders but i like using opaque pinks and i dont think they make one, do they?

Also, how do you handle the nail seperating from the acrylic? It makes my clients crazy and usually end up pulling the nail off before they even give me a chance to repair it!

We do have a Full Coverage Pink in the Omega line!
Mare Horak
National Director of Education
Nailite
[email protected]

http://www.nailiteinc.com/
(07-27-2012, 08:30 PM)getnailed20 Wrote: I have played a little with OPI, but have always been a CND girl. Ive been looking into switching lines, thinking maybe YN.

Yes we do have Full Coverage Pink in the Omega line!!
Mare Horak
Nailite
[email protected]

@Getnailed, yes we do have a Full Coverage Pink in our Omega line!
Mare Horak
Nailite
[email protected]

(07-31-2012, 10:54 PM)javamama14821 Wrote: I have been having lifting with something wonderful, NONE with Linkage and just bought more, but there are bottle issues with the product drying out over night sometimes, and the only problem I have ever had with linkage I never had lifting issues with it, and YN is great as well, I have been using it lately and doing 2 coats and cure for a few seconds.

you mention curing it... are you using it only with gel when you mention good results?
I'd been using Linkage with everything, acrylic, gel, wraps...

Would you say you find Protein Bond equal to Linkage?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 658
06-05-2017, 02:16 AM
Last Postcosmobeauty
Replies: 11
Views: 2,883
07-17-2016, 11:10 AM