You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpal Tunnel Recovery time?
I'm having surgery on my left hand for carpal tunnel and then my right shortly after. Anyone have this done? How long did it take for recovery before you were able to go back to doing nails?

Thanks!!
Heidi
Best wishes and good luck for a speedy recovery! My personal recovery time was fast! I did like you, left hand first....scheduled it on a Thursday, and was back to work on Tuesday. Did the same scheduling for my dominant right hand, but didn't do fingernails for about another week -- just pedicures. My clients were so great about working with me in getting "modified" services while I recovered. Working around the awkwardness of the brace and bandage was really all I dealt with, because there was truly not much pain, and my doctor liked that I was using my fingers as much as I could.
Kristi

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...ef=profile

"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
Good to hear!!!! Thanks so much for a positive outlook!

(07-25-2012, 11:52 AM)kristibell Wrote: Best wishes and good luck for a speedy recovery! My personal recovery time was fast! I did like you, left hand first....scheduled it on a Thursday, and was back to work on Tuesday. Did the same scheduling for my dominant right hand, but didn't do fingernails for about another week -- just pedicures. My clients were so great about working with me in getting "modified" services while I recovered. Working around the awkwardness of the brace and bandage was really all I dealt with, because there was truly not much pain, and my doctor liked that I was using my fingers as much as I could.

(07-24-2012, 08:55 PM)hlaurette Wrote: I'm having surgery on my left hand for carpal tunnel and then my right shortly after. Anyone have this done? How long did it take for recovery before you were able to go back to doing nails?

Thanks!!
Heidi

I have done my eye surgery 2 months ago. I have no idea about the hand surgery. But generally speaking, hand surgery would recovery faster than eye surgery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 408
08-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Last PostErika_in_Boise
Replies: 1
Views: 1,539
08-19-2015, 10:49 PM