You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
repair lost toenail with sculptered gel
Hello to the source of all nail care knowledge! A customer of mine lost her toenail from an accident & its grown back just a bit & no open wound or sore. Most of that toenail, (3rd toe) is gone. I have no experience using sculptered gel product for repair/adding a nail extension to toenails but hear its possible. Let me know if there's a specific way to do this; dont want to make the problem worse.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
(07-18-2012, 01:25 PM)jerimoceri Wrote: Hello to the source of all nail care knowledge! A customer of mine lost her toenail from an accident & its grown back just a bit & no open wound or sore. Most of that toenail, (3rd toe) is gone. I have no experience using sculptered gel product for repair/adding a nail extension to toenails but hear its possible. Let me know if there's a specific way to do this; dont want to make the problem worse.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Well, I have to say, using acrylic would be far easier. But if you're a gel only tech, then I would just do your normal prep. Fit a form (might need some tailoring). Do a clear extension, remove the form, and build the nail up as needed until it's level.

Hope this helps,

Jesse
I had that happen to my pinkie nail and I found that putting a layer of "New Skin" liquid bandage first helped it adhere to the skin. It made it last a little bit longer since it was attached to the skin and not a nail. Of course I got that info. from my friends on BeautyTech!
I defifintely agree acrylic is easier. Its so easy to lay the acrylic down and press it into shape and finish file it in place. Gel wld be more hassle than anytg......so i wld try acrylic if i were u. They r so easy once u get the hang of it..and its such a great service to be able to offer your clients!!!
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Thanks for your advice & I'm able to do both gel & acrylic. The customer had a small dent in the middle of the little bit of toenail she had left & I'm wondering if I do put a layer of either gel or acrylic over it, is there a possiblity it would generate a bacterial infection or fungus between the nail & the overlay?
Ive never had that happen. Do the repair before u start soaking...finish it and voila!!!!! You are good to go. U will get it...it just takes practice like everytg else. But toenails are soooo easy to do!!!! Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I do gel repairs on toes all the time, I dont worry so much about the exposure as its cured immediately and I cleanse really well when done, you could use a paint brush to cleanse underneath with alcohol when done building the nail, I dont extend the nail out, just to the edge of the toe. I place my gel in thin layers and cure , then shape, buff, polish.
(07-20-2012, 09:41 AM)javamama14821 Wrote: I do gel repairs on toes all the time, I dont worry so much about the exposure as its cured immediately and I cleanse really well when done, you could use a paint brush to cleanse underneath with alcohol when done building the nail, I dont extend the nail out, just to the edge of the toe. I place my gel in thin layers and cure , then shape, buff, polish.

That's good to know. I never tried it with gel. I would have thought it would be hard to control on the skin.

would you please go thru these steps for me ive never tried this but have a client that would like for me to
Do not soak the feet first, cleanse the feet , I prep the toenail as you normally would for enhancements, brush off dust then I scrub the toenail with alcohol, let dry, apply primer to what nail is there, then apply the gel (use a slightly thicker gel for this but one that self levels a bit as well) clean up sides make sure there is no running into the sidewalls, then cure in lamp, I usually do a second coat then cure, cleanse, file into shape buff then one more thin coat, cure, cleanse and proceed with the rest of your pedicure if the client is getting the whole pedicure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,406
11-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Last Postyou'vegotnail!
Replies: 21
Views: 16,624
06-12-2013, 09:03 AM