You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to fade to or more colours
cry hi can anyone tell me how to do two colours or more the on nails with gelish , it looks so effective but not sure how its done some say use a makeup sponge if you can help i would love to be able to provide this service, thanks ro ro roll
Hi there!

I started to write a reply, but I think pictures will help. I'll do a step by step for you tomorrow. I'll put it here in this thread.

Jesse
I think this is what you're looking for?

http://www.nailsmag.com/video/91866/hand...-technique
That is a very interesting way to apply the product.

I would think though it would waste a fair bit due to the sponge soaking up the product to some degree, at least with using the brush direct to the nail and then back into the bottle again, there is no wastage but a brush would not give the same effect though.

It did look lovely.
Hi there D

Pick two colours that are similar, makes your life easier Wink

I find it's all how you hold your brush. Lay down your first colour, hold the brush at a 45 degree angle. / - like that. This way their will be a little extra polish in the area where the two colours will meet. With the colour your fading into it, hold your brush completely parallel to the nail. Make sure you've wiped the brush off of excess colour this time so it fades easily.

This way, you've created the area where the fade meets on the first coat. The second coat, you can just focus on deepening the two colours but not faffing about with the faded area.

You could also always just take the two colours and mix a smidgen together so you have a perfect in between colour and then use the three colours for your fade Wink

Hope this helps! D

Kathleen Marie Roach
Lady Fingers Nail Studio
you'vegotnail!
> I think this is what you're looking for?
>
> http//www.nailsmag.com/video/91866/hand-nail-harmony-gelish-spo
nge-technique

D hi thankyou so much for that such a great help i shall get on with that straight away D ro ro
Hello,

You've had some great advice, but I had a client who happened to want a fade, so I went ahead and did a Step by Step. These were done with a gel sponge. The colors are Izzy Wizzy, Up in the Blue and Deep Sea.

I started with a fill, This was a new client, I didn't burn her Confusedhock:
[Image: IMG_0775.jpg]
Apply Izzy Wizzy to the whole nail. Cure
[Image: IMG_0776.jpg]
Create a palate with Up in the Blue and Deep Sea
[Image: IMG_0777.jpg]
With a Gel sponge, apply Up in the Blue. Cure
[Image: IMG_0778.jpg]
Apply Deep Sea, Cure
[Image: IMG_0779.jpg]
Go back over with the two colors to intesify and further blend
[Image: IMG_0780.jpg]
Apply Top it Off, cure, cleanse and apply cuticle oil
[Image: IMG_0781.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0782.jpg]
Jesse: Where are your photos...I'd love to see!
Kristi

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...ef=profile

"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
Sorry, I made a new album after I had already posted on here. Should be all fixed now. Hope you enjoy it, it's my first Step by Step Big Grin
Excellent! Thank you so much....... Big Grin
Kristi

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...ef=profile

"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
jb100680
> Hi there!
>
> I started to write a reply, but I think pictures will help. I'll do a step
> by step for you tomorrow. I'll put it here in this thread.
>
> Jesse

hi thank you very much such a great help all i need now is the practice thank you for taking the time do put all that on there for me your a star ro ro D
jb100680
> Sorry, I made a new album after I had already posted on here. Should be all
> fixed now. Hope you enjoy it, it's my first Step by Step D

hello there that was such a help thought i would post this again only not sur if got the last one your a star thank you kindly ro ro
You're most welcome. I've been wanting to do a Step by Step. So glad it helped you Smile
will any sponge work?
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
kailiek :
> will any sponge work?

I've tried with different sponges, and it's fun you can get like different effects, I love the sponges that I bought for washing dishes they are cheap and work like a charm, just cut them in little pieces. :wink: Smile
Yes, you can use any sponge. The gel wipe, that I used here will deposit more color. Where a make-up sponge will deposit less and give a less textured effect. Just depends on what look you are going for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 2,008
05-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Last Postwendynailart
Replies: 0
Views: 1,496
03-20-2013, 09:55 AM