You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumos base and top coat
Has anyone tried Lumos base coat and/or top coat? If so what is your opinion of it?
I've used them for the last few months and I'm impressed! It's great for pedi's because it really is dry in about 12 minutes. Dry enough for shoes & socks. It'll last on nails 10-12 days on average, and rarely chips. Everyone I've used it on has been happy with it.
BTW, the only enamel polishes I use is Zoya.

ditto EXACTLY what you'vegotnail said.....
Awesome! I want to try it. Where do you buy it from?
Here ya go!

http://www.famousnamesproducts.com/
I use it as well and my clients love it! They are going almost 2 weeks with regular polish on their hands. I can't say enough good things about it.
Thanks to all for the comments on Lumos. I just placed an order to try it out.

I am always looking for better pedicure products, and this sounds like it could be a great find. Some customers "just don't get it". We always explain to our clients how long it takes regular polish to dry - even with the Qtica drying drops.

I told a repeat regular pedicure client that she probably shouldn't put her closed shoes on for about 3-4 hours the day of her pedicure - that she should keep on her pedi sandals or change to flip flops when she got home, and I see her about 15 minutes later walking out the salon door with her closed shoes on - yikes!! She had a wedding the next day, and I can imagine what those toes looked like...
I would highly suggest that you give Lumos a try, I think you will love the incredible dry time and the great shine!!! It truly does what it says and more!!! While you are at it you should also try Dadi'Oil, which is a 95% Certified Organic Nail Treatment and has a beautiful smell consisting of 21 essential oils! We also just introduced Vamoos Lite which is a fast and economical removal wraps system for gel polish and enhancements.

You can go to http://www.famousnameproducts.com for more information and also to order.

Have a great day!
Linda
(06-24-2012, 12:07 AM)youvegotnail! Wrote: I've used them for the last few months and I'm impressed! It's great for pedi's because it really is dry in about 12 minutes. Dry enough for shoes & socks. It'll last on nails 10-12 days on average, and rarely chips. Everyone I've used it on has been happy with it.
BTW, the only enamel polishes I use is Zoya.

I love Zoya polish! Thanks for the info.

I placed an order yesterday and can't wait to try it out.
Order has been placed and can't wait to try it out!
Customers getting almost 2 weeks of wear! I can see gel polish becoming obsolete in the near future.
Ok, so I bought 1 each of the regular bottles and 1 each of the large refill bottles. With great anticipation to great drying and wearability. I am sad to say every single one of my pedicure clients came back with chipped up nails within a couple weeks. And had to repolish them with my old product for free because they know how well they usually last. Almost all of my pedi clients normally could go months if their toenails did not grow out. So what am I doing wrong if this product is so great, because I have heard nothing but great feedback except for mine.
The top coat has to be applied thick (not thin like we're used to with SOGs). I had the same issues at first, because I'd gotten so used to thin, thin coats of SOGs. I seem to be on auto-pilot a lot, and sometimes I need to toggle my brain back & forth between Lumos and SOGs.
(06-26-2012, 07:13 AM)javamama14821 Wrote: Ok, so I bought 1 each of the regular bottles and 1 each of the large refill bottles. With great anticipation to great drying and wearability. I am sad to say every single one of my pedicure clients came back with chipped up nails within a couple weeks. And had to repolish them with my old product for free because they know how well they usually last. Almost all of my pedi clients normally could go months if their toenails did not grow out. So what am I doing wrong if this product is so great, because I have heard nothing but great feedback except for mine.

That is really odd as my pedicures last for months with Lumos. But as You've got nails posted to you, Lumos does nee to be used generously. Did you also use the Bottom Coat? Also as she said we get so used to using the consistency for a gel polish which is thin. Lumos and straditional polish need to be applied thicker for best results.
Linda
I absolutely love it also. My clients who actually wear regular polish do get at least a week no chipping. And pedicure clients can actually put their foot in a shoe, I make them wait 15 minutes.
I am going to give this a try!
Give it a try! Remember Lumos is a thinner consistency than most top coats, so you are able to use it generously!
Linda
Thanks, maybe I had it too thin. I normally use my top coats with a heavier application anyway, but maybe I didnt do this being its thin to begin with. Yes I did use the base coat as well. I would love for my winter clients to be able to not have to worry about dinging up their pedis putting their feet back in their shoes.
(06-27-2012, 07:15 AM)javamama14821 Wrote: Thanks, maybe I had it too thin. I normally use my top coats with a heavier application anyway, but maybe I didnt do this being its thin to begin with. Yes I did use the base coat as well. I would love for my winter clients to be able to not have to worry about dinging up their pedis putting their feet back in their shoes.

Give it a try and let me know...
Linda
Heart 
I got Lumos Base and Top Coat as a sample when I purchased IBX nail repair and I love it. I typically use Seche Vite for a fast dry top coat, but I find that it shrinks some of the colors I wear. The Lumos set works great, does not chip for at least 7 days ( like the Seche does) . You can definitely apply the top coat very thick. It dries glossy and hides imperfections.
Lumos contains ethyl acetate which defeats the purpose of using Zoya polish unless that doesn't matter.
Angela
Angel
Exactly, to my clients it's no biggie. "In the great scheme of things..." you know? What matters to them is how the polish wears and the color choices. I love Zoya for the same reasons plus the fact that it doesn't turn into pudding in the bottle after a couple of uses.
Doesnt Zoya contain ethyl acetate too?
----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,325