You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will an IBD jet 5000...
Could anyone tell me if an IBD Jet 5ooo will cure Shellac if cured for a longer amount of time, say 4-6 minutes? ( instead of the reg. 2 minutes) Need to know because want to try on client But want to make sure it will cure completely so she won't have any adverse effect. Thanks.
Smile more and realize each day is a gift from God! Char
I don't know what wattage the shellac requires but I think it is a 9 watt product. You'll need to find out what wattage is required. The IBD 1000 is a 4 watt lamp, the 5000 is an 8 watt lamp. When you review the details of a lamp, remember not to look at the "total wattage". What is important is the wattage of the individual bulb. An 8 watt bulb will not cure a 9 watt product. It doesn't matter if your lamp has one bulb (1 x 8w) or 4 bulbs (4 x 8w which may be called a 32 watt lamp) - you need to look at the wattage of the individual bulb to determine what products it will cure. If the individual bulb is 8 watts - it will cure any product that requires anything up to 8 watts. A product requiring 9 watts won't cure. Unfortunately for those of us with an IBD 5000, there are many products that will not cure. I use it for IBD gels and T.E.N. Haven't tried it on other products.