You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allergy
I have a client who has been to me b/f years, years ago. She used wear gel nails. She would occasionally have allergic reactions to them but after time the allergies would go away & we were able to continue.
Only time she would even have issues with allergies was if she went months in-between fills or took a long break.

Well she is now back years later & wants to try gel polish. I used OPI & Gelish Structure on one nail b/c she needed a tip
The Gelish nail seems fine but the OPI nails she is having the itchiness around her cuticles. Sad

I told her to come back & I would remove them but she is going away today & does not have time or want to soak them off.
She asked me if there was anything topical she can use to help with the itchiness.
She has taken Benadryl to help..

any advice ladies..it's been so long since I had a client allergic to anything..and Gel polish is a first for me..I don't like using product that causes allergy on someone but clients want what they want against your better judgment...PS she is also a friend which makes it harder to say NO!....thanks
I have bad allergies and I use Gloves in a Bottle to prevent any allergic reactions. You put it on just like lotion before you start. After the fact I would use hydrocortisone cream since she is already having a reaction.
Thanks..
My client has the same issues but refuses NOT to get her nails done with gel polish. She said she takes Benadryl and found Burn Gel to help.
Have you tried a Hard gel polish? I have a client who used to have issues with some nail products, but we are able to use Light Elegance Extreme gel as her base and the hard gel polish (in pots) for color, super shiny to finish and have not had any issues at all with redness or irritation. Just a thought, hope it helps. Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
(05-25-2012, 06:24 AM)Darcy Wrote: Have you tried a Hard gel polish? I have a client who used to have issues with some nail products, but we are able to use Light Elegance Extreme gel as her base and the hard gel polish (in pots) for color, super shiny to finish and have not had any issues at all with redness or irritation. Just a thought, hope it helps. Smile

She used to wear Hard Gels b/f. we used to use LCN on her. She had a reaction but not as bad as with the OPI Gel Color
I used TT Miracle Manicure on her b/f without issue which I forgot about..just 1 or 2 thin coats. I did not use it again b/c she did not get the 2 week wear & the color does not dry instant like SOG's..but she had no reaction from what I remember.

I might sample that on her again when she gets back & if she does great I will just offer to switch her.
I know she wants the ease of SOG colors but IMO it's just not worth wearing if u are having such harsh reactions causing u to take heavy meds. This goes against what I would safely recommend for any of my clients friends or not esp. since I got a text from her in a panic asking me how to remove them. So I text back how to remove & the next day she then responds that she is fine now..

I Don't see how personally I would want to go possibly thru this irritation every 2 weeks just so my nails could look pretty..LOL

Thanks guys,
I did mention Burn gel to her..I hope she gets some.
I think she only was taking Ben.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,625
05-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Last Poststuka123
Replies: 4
Views: 3,174