You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPI topcoat
Used my OPI Gel polish for the first time yesterday. Loved the color, and application until time to topcoat. What is with that brush? I had never opened the bottle til I was going to use it and the brush was bent and virtually unusable!!! So I used my Gelish Topcoat and it looked beautiful. But... that is an expensive and costly system and I think the topcoat is awful!! Also, I hope I am not redoing these nails in a few days because of this!! My client is great and she thinks it will be fine even if we have to redo, but I am disappointed. Anyone else?

Teresa
Remember: God puts us where he wants us to be.
Yes, mine opi top coat and base coat cured in bottles. They were new and still full, I did one set, a few days later I tried to do my own nails, and I had a big surprise. With brushes it is always a nightmare, I have just cured brush from gelish base coat, orly fx top coat and few from gelish colors have also destroyed brushes.
It is not very rare, I guess it is teething problem and will be managed somehow by companies.

(05-23-2012, 03:17 PM)kasik Wrote: Yes, mine opi top coat and base coat cured in bottles. They were new and still full, I did one set, a few days later I tried to do my own nails, and I had a big surprise. With brushes it is always a nightmare, I have just cured brush from gelish base coat, orly fx top coat and few from gelish colors have also destroyed brushes.
It is not very rare, I guess it is teething problem and will be managed somehow by companies.

Remember: God puts us where he wants us to be.
I use CND Shellac Polish. I never have this problem of curing from the brush or bottle. I have had super good performance and reviews from my clients with CND. I think I will stick with CND.
Love, Love, Love Nails !!! Stay Licensed and grow !!!
I agree. Some if the brushes with the Gellish get messes up. Never happens with Shellac. I do however use both depending on the client
Shellac is not gel polish but gel/nail polish mix, so yes, it does not have curing-in-bottle problems. But has others issues, and what is most important - does not stay long like gel polishes, especially when nails are weak, splitting etc. So I will stick with other systems Smile I use Shellac mostly on enhancements and toes, fingers were dissapointing.
(05-26-2012, 08:06 PM)mlenails Wrote: I use CND Shellac Polish. I never have this problem of curing from the brush or bottle. I have had super good performance and reviews from my clients with CND. I think I will stick with CND.

Agree!
I would return it. Especially if you hadn't used it before and it proved to be unusable. I use the base and top from that line and I have NO problems with it, however, my distributor said that it is not unheard of for the product to get screwed up when it's being shipped (too hot, too cold etc). Or, if you have another emptyish gel polish bottle, just switch lids! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 2,747
03-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Last Postjimsjadab
Replies: 2
Views: 3,483
07-25-2014, 07:41 PM