You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti UV gloves
Is anyone currently using these? I just ordered a pair from amazon. I was going to just let all of my clients wear them, since they all do wash their hands before each service, but I guess the best thing would be to sell them to those who want them. This sure beats applying sun screen. I'm anxious to see how easy they are to put on and off and if they will affect me e-filing, maneuvering the fingers around, etc.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like you would need a fresh, clean pair for each client. Besides the fact that they help perpetuate false information about UV lamps - the clients get more UV exposure from the drive to your salon Wink.
I think it's a complete waste of time and further adds to the hysteria about UV lamps. I've read the report that Doug Schoon made and I truly feel like it's more hype than fact, the news media and TV Drs.' trying to find something to up their ratings.

Women get more UV on their hands while driving their cars than they're going to get in UV lamps.
Yes, I totally agree about the uv exposure hype. I do have a few clients who had skin cancer on their hands and they are concerned so I guess I will offer for them to buy them from me or online. The idea of multiple clients sharing them is not a good idea, I agree!
(05-23-2012, 10:14 AM)nailgirl1 Wrote: Yes, I totally agree about the uv exposure hype. I do have a few clients who had skin cancer on their hands and they are concerned so I guess I will offer for them to buy them from me or online. The idea of multiple clients sharing them is not a good idea, I agree!

For clients with existing skin cancers, then yes, I'd say offer it. You could buy maybe 6-12 prs., that way you've got them on hand. If someone comes in who's an Oz disciple, then you're prepared.
Only if my clients wants them. I have some but they have to buy them and bring them back with them each time.
I have one client who brings her own (she knitted them) with her. She has a skin disorder. You could also buy a box of disposable latex or nitrile gloves and just snip the fingertips off them.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I understand people having skin cancer using them, but for anyone else, I feel like everyone- it is buying into all the false info already out there. I would- and have- print a copy of the report to have on hand. Let people read it for themselves.
Just had to add- with the fear some peole have- it would make a good retail item if anyone wanted to play on the fears.
Always be kind....you get farther.
Yeah, I feel like if the gloves are an option for them then it's totally up to them if they use them or not and. Dr. Oz is an idiot. First, the uv cancer thing and then last week the girl on there demonstrating sog polish cured with a light bulb, that people can do themselves at home. Geeesh!!
I use these of gloves . They are inexpensive and I can change them frequently. I got it on Amazon.
Search Amazon fro Escali anti uv gloves.
I use these of gloves . They are inexpensive and I can change them frequently. I got it on Amazon.
Search Amazon for Escali Anti UV gloves
search Amazon for Escali anti uv gloves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,479
03-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Last PostFileFileSnipSnip
Replies: 3
Views: 2,582
12-28-2012, 07:29 PM