You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gelish what if
What would happen if I used gelish without the foundation? Would it even say on?. I want to try it on my own toenails, but don't want to deal with filing it off or a long soak off time. Do you guys thinks this would even work or help?

Julie
If your looking for easier, quicker soak off time. 1st, use Shellac base. I think it's the fastest to dissolve. 2nd, use a coat of CND Stickey base coat on your bare, clean, dehydrated toenails before you use any Gel foundation.

when it's time to remove, file a bit of the topcoat off. It helps the Acetone get down to the base. Wrap and let sit for 5 minutes and twist and the whole thing should come off clean. Easy peasy.

Also, I have never used OPI Gelcolor top and base, but I hear they are super easy to remove.
Well I am not sure I want to buy shellac base just to do my toes, but maybe the sticky would work before the foundation. I will see how that works out. I know I am just being lazy, but It"s hard to do your own toes, let alone take all this stuff off with the filing and all. I heard the same about OPI Gel Color and once I run out of my base and top I am going to try it.
OOps I forgot to say thank you for your advice, too quick to hit post.
Why not just use traditional gel with glitter, then you can just do a "fill" with new colors and create pretty cool color fades over time? Then not so much filing...
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Hmm that may work, but I did try IBD clear gel once and it was a pain to take off.
Ok so today I played with ENP Gella's gel Polish. My left hand has the base, 2 coats of color and Top coat.
My right hand has two coats of color and topcoat. I doubt this will stay on, but here are my observations.
My left hand is really smooth and good color saturation. Looks like it should.
My right had seems streaky and lighter than my left had not quiet as pretty, but only slightly noticeable.
We'll see how the removal process goes.
(05-23-2012, 08:52 PM)JulieM Wrote: Ok so today I played with ENP Gella's gel Polish. My left hand has the base, 2 coats of color and Top coat.
My right hand has two coats of color and topcoat. I doubt this will stay on, but here are my observations.
My left hand is really smooth and good color saturation. Looks like it should.
My right had seems streaky and lighter than my left had not quiet as pretty, but only slightly noticeable.
We'll see how the removal process goes.

julie,

we would like the information when you remove the Gella products