You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What are your favorite TOE seperators?
Wink 
I tend to stay with "OPI" the foam original? (I guess is what you call it)
For pedicures-- it"s what I use, I tend to stick with the OPI foam as it leaves no fibers as cotton Weaving in between each toe. In the salon - The cosmotologist roll of cotton/ for weaving in between the toes causes alot of problems for nail techs with hanging fibers in the polish...What do you prefer to use as TOE seperators?
Love, Love, Love Nails !!! Stay Licensed and grow !!!
My clients actually love the softness and flexability I get with plain old paper towel. I fold a sheet in a triangle and roll it from the small point to the fold and lace it between the toes- no fibers like cotton. They tell me they like it better than regular toe separators.
Always be kind....you get farther.
I love pedi pipes ,and they are disposable...
I LOVE Toeseez!!!
Cotton rolls ("toepons") from a dental supply, only $7.99 for 2000 pieces.

http://www.pearsondental.com/catalog/pro...=&mart=#pd
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
I love the individual ones i get them from Nailite, clients love them too Smile
Michele
Massachusetts
I find that it is not worth the expense to use toe seperators, plus some people need more seperation than others, I just use tissue, mostly I rip it in half, twist and wind in between the toes, for some I have to use the whole tissue because some toes overlap. Hope this helps Smile
Thank you Ladies, WOW and thanks for all the ideas for toe seperators.
It's great to know ...and I appreciate the answers to see what everyone else uses.
After reading the posts, I learned there are alot of awesome options that I like very much.
Packing peanuts! I use packing peanuts that come in almost every box of supplies I order. They come in so many different sizes, it's easy to fit even the snuggest toes. I love the cylindrical ones the best. Lint free so no fuzzies in the polish. My clients often giggle over how I finally found a use for those annoying things. And best of all they are basically FREE!!
I like that idea too!!!
LOL....who knew packaging peanuts could make good toe seperators ...
I never thought of that, Lint Free and NO Fuzzies, I love it.
Thank you
OMG! I usually throw those peanuts out! Just got a package with them and you just gave me the greatest recycled free advice!
I usually rip a pst towel in half(the larger size package),twist it and wrap around toes. That works out cheaper than the toesies. I do have toe separators for the really bad toes. I buy them from premiernailsource.

I like Toesies best too. Most clients wear flip flops, so the regular type of separators don't fit right, and I feel wasteful having to tear them to fit right.
Ive always used sanek strips. U take 2 and fold them down until theyre layered and 6 inches long and then fold in half long ways and then u twist them until they r tighter....if that makes sense. These by far r the most cost effective ive found...and they work like a gem!!! Hth Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
thanks, I think strips and pipes will be best for the summer client pedicures with sandals.
(05-19-2012, 09:50 PM)MickeysNails Wrote: Packing peanuts! I use packing peanuts that come in almost every box of supplies I order. They come in so many different sizes, it's easy to fit even the snuggest toes. I love the cylindrical ones the best. Lint free so no fuzzies in the polish. My clients often giggle over how I finally found a use for those annoying things. And best of all they are basically FREE!!

Yup Yup @ packing peanuts..Just have to make sure they arent the biodegradable ones. Had them start to disintegrate. lol
At the spa (and while I was in school) we used packing peanuts. I prefer the ones that come in my deliveries from Zoya nail polish. They are easier to "adjust" between the toes than some other peanuts.
Spa Queen 4 a Day Mobile Parties
"whatever your event, we'll make you feel like royalty"

http://facebook.com/SpaQueenMobileParties
email: [email protected]
I use tissue (Kleenex). I just fold it in half and half again and roll it up. Perfect Smile
LOVE LOVE LOVE the packing peanuts idea. You ladies are a God-send!!!
Jeanne - New You Nail Gallery
Detroit, MI

"The MIND, once stretched by the IMAGINATION, never regains its original form"
I read the other day that marshmallows make great toe seperators. However, that would be a terrible (not to mention illegal) use in the salon, but I thought it was funny. Smile I like the packing peanut idea MUCH better-cheap, disposable and somewhat comfy!
~Amanda~

"Work is either fun or drudgery. I like fun!"
http://www.tastefullysimple.com/web/ahearne
Packing peanuts all the way!! Since I do a dry pedi, I really like the ones that look like big cheese puffs Big Grin
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
I learned so much from your replies.
Who knew packing peanuts are so popular....but it does make sense.
I like the tissue idea too. I love the idea of sanek strips also....WOW thanks lady's.
OMG - I am bumping this up because how genius is it to use packing peanuts for toe seperators?! I am always looking for new ways to be more eco/earth friendly. I love the idea of using the biodegradable peanuts for this - not to mention they are cheap! Love it!
I like the generic version of the OPI seperators. Very cheap and comfy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 2,090
10-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Last Postyou'vegotnail!
Replies: 5
Views: 6,504