You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acrylic and Salon temperature
Just wondering if any of you have had this problem ,and how did you solve it. At the salon I am at ,in my area ,it gets very hot ,even on a relatively comfortable day. ( I call it the equator ,lol ) The temperature REALLY affects the setting time of my acrylic ,which in turn affects my results. I almost never have to deal with lifting ,but anyone returning after being done on a hot day usually has a bit. The salon owner will not turn on the AC until it gets to be up in the 80 s or more, so any suggestions other than keeping my liquid in the fridge ? And how do I keep it cooler while working with it ? I love summer ,but dred this issue !
Not only might you have problems with setting time, but excessive heat can cause all your product to go bad - and not just the acrylics, but your gp, gel... Are you a booth renter? If so then I would think that a good working environment was supposed to be include.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Yes, I am a booth renter ,and she has been pretty accomodating so far, but I forsee if no one else complains about it ,then it's up to me to find a solution. I have been there since Nov. ,and from what I understand ,that corner, which gets full sun all day ,is even pretty warm when the AC is on.
Are you able to put up some kind of a sun block? Decorative scarves or something like that? That's a pretty high temp for a salon owner to keep the thermostat on. I would think the clients would be complaining especially if there's hair dryers and and the like going on. Maybe you could ask the other renters if they're uncomfortable with the temp.? YOu said you're the only one complaining, maybe you're not the only one uncomfortable, tho.

Honestly, I think the owner should keep the temp lower, not sure what the reasoning is but I would think it's enough to break a contract if taken to court. If you didn't know she kept it like that before you moved in, you have a legit reason, imo. You definitely need to document, tho.
She is very easy going ,and has put up sunblocking uv shades since I complained my topcoat was curing on my brush...incidently ,I am glad I did complain, because the gal I share my area with thought she was crazy, lol.. She did not realize it was the UV from the sunlight...I am sure the owner will turn on the AC if I complain, these are new issues for her ,since no one worked in that corner most of last year ,and she has been open at this location for one year exactly. Bought the building ,and moved her business there...I have the same issue when working on clients at my home, which I do 2 days a week. Just looking to see if you guys have any helpful input as you SO OFTEN do! Thank you for the replies, and "havin my back" so to speak ,lol...Smile
Oh, just wanted to add ,the owner is self addmittedly cheap ,however in no way is the environment she provides for us cheap. She did a beautiful job making this old siding building into a pretty salon...that being said ,she is probably waiting for dog day afternoons to turn on the AC...,lol
Oh, just wanted to add ,the owner is self addmittedly cheap ,however in no way is the environment she provides for us cheap. She did a beautiful job making this old siding building into a pretty salon...that being said ,she is probably waiting for dog day afternoons to turn on the AC...,lol
I'm glad it sounds like she will listen to reason. If you're a booth renter, the problem of the high temp. can negatively impact your products and cost you money. You sure don't want that!
Yes, I am fully aware of that....so far ,first major issue of my gel topcoat curing on my brush ,she has fixed. We haven't had but only a few warm days,so far ,but I am clearly aware now that the temp is gonna be a prob...
The ideal temperature for liquid & powder is 71 - 75 Fahrenheit. Most manufacturers have done their testing and formulating to this median.

anything above or below this will alter you reaction & curing times, leading to potential problems...
Envy
Envy is right....the ideal temperature for liquid & powder is 71 -75 Fahrenheit. If other then this, it will affect curing. Not a good thing!! I myself live in a climate where the winters can go as low as 5 degrees. I set up a heating pad under my clients hands when applying acrylics. This warms the hand enough for the product to cure correctly when temperatures are cold. I know this is not your concern, but I wanted to mention how tempermental acrylics can be. Every nail product is tempermental to the climate...
Either its too hot or too cold, that bothers me too.!!! As we strive for long wearing nails for our clients, what do we do when temperatures get in the way? You have to find the right salon, so your nails will stay and your client list will grow.
Love, Love, Love Nails !!! Stay Licensed and grow !!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 2,189
05-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Last Post[email protected]