You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some clients have a lot of nerve!
I had a new client call for an appt today and ask if we had gold Minx. I told her we did and while I was on the phone with her, she said she wanted to have them put on her hands, but she also wanted to buy a sheet of the silver lightening. I explained to her that we don't sell the sheets by themselves and she says ok.

So she comes in for her appointment and as I am applying the first one to her finger, I noticed she was holding her cell phone up. At first I thought maybe she was reading a text or something, but then I started paying more attention to what she was doing and figured out she was videotaping the application process. Now...I couldn't prove that was what she was doing, but also, I'm not an idiot. The fact that she was sitting there, just holding her phone aiming at the area I was working on and not doing anything else (no pressing any buttons, just holding the phone up) lead me to believe she was using her phone for that purpose. I excused myself and got up and walked around behind her, but by then she had put her phone down. So when I came back and she picked up her phone again, I moved her hand out of the range of the lens so she couldn't see what I was doing. I know I probably should have said something, but I never want to accuse a client of doing something I have no proof of. Once I moved her hand, she put her phone down and didn't pick it up again the rest of the service.

Towards the end of her appointment we were talking about Minx and she informed me that she found a salon near her house that would sell her a sheet of the silver lightening and she was picking them up on her way home so she could do her friends nails.

We don't have a no cell phone policy at the salon and I hate to have to implement one because of one client!
Don't worry about her. Let her muck up her nails and move on. She could have found a how too on youtube just as easy so just let it go.
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
Just remember ,what we do is not always as easy as we make it look...may she find out the hard way, lol ! Smile
Exactly. She could have found it on youtube LOL. And even if she had the best view of what you were doing, she doesn't know why or how you were doing it. It looks easy but its not. It would be fun if she filmed herself trying and then uploaded her proud video of improper cut or fit, along with a wrinkle here and there.
I think she had a lot of nerve to do that while sitting in your chair regardless of whether she can find a how-to video on YouTube or not. Of course that's what she was doing. Would a restaurant patron go into the kitchen and videotape a chef making their favourite dish just so they could get the recipe? i think not.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Wow Sherrie! What nerve! I would've been ticked at that too! However, the others are right she could've gotten that from youtube, so let her go somewhere else, you know she's gonna mess them up. lol
I know she could have easily found the how to on youtube with no problem. What irks me is that fact that she had the nerve to sit there and videotape me! It's not that I don't think she could find instructions anywhere, it's the fact that she had the nerve to do it right in front of me in my salon. Ugh!! Some people these days just have no respect for anything or anyone.

Thanks Laura for understanding what I was saying!
People can be so tacky ,thankfully some of us were blessed with common sense and discretion...Smile
(04-02-2012, 11:38 PM)Sherrie90630 Wrote: I know she could have easily found the how to on youtube with no problem. What irks me is that fact that she had the nerve to sit there and videotape me! It's not that I don't think she could find instructions anywhere, it's the fact that she had the nerve to do it right in front of me in my salon. Ugh!! Some people these days just have no respect for anything or anyone.

Thanks Laura for understanding what I was saying!

Actually, what she did is not only "cheeky" but probably illegal. It is illegal in most states to audio/videotape someone in a non-public space without their permission.
Would have been funny if after the service you told her she could watch a video on how to do the procedure on Youtube!! Suttle way of letting her know you knew what she was up to, but not accusing her. lol