You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recycled Gel!!!
Hey Everyone I've got a unique one!

I remembered the thread about using eye shadow with gel to graduate color down the nail. So while recently filing off my color gel to refill my nails, I had a small pile of 'colored nail dust'. Wow, I thought, being a regular recycler, why not try recycling the gel dust. So I scooped it and REUSED it (like you would eye shadow) on a diagonal on a couple of nails just to see if it would work. So far so good! It's been almost two weeks and haven't had any problems. So, is that what you call, 'going green' lol?!
Smile more and realize each day is a gift from God! Char
I would consider this unsanitary. But that just may be me.
Good for you for recycling ,but unfortunately I think this idea has too much of an "ICK " factor for me...Sad
(04-04-2012, 07:48 AM)Tammi T Wrote: I would consider this unsanitary. But that just may be me.

Hi Tammy,
Did this on a whim just on myself...Would definitely NOT use on a client. Just wanted to see if it would work. Like to experiment, that's all.
(04-04-2012, 08:28 AM)lexibunny Wrote: Good for you for recycling ,but unfortunately I think this idea has too much of an "ICK " factor for me...Sad

Just something quirky I thought of while doing MY nails...NOT something I'd apply to a client. You're right, ick indeed, but it was kinda fun to try on myself to see if it would work!
Smile more and realize each day is a gift from God! Char
Lol, it is sooo refreshing to know that a lot of us nail techs have a little " mad scientist " in us....we are all like kindred spirits in a way...Smile