You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the Sunflower dust lamp?
How do you like the sunflower dust lamp. I have a "one that works" but I need to purchase a lamp so I thought why not one with dust collecting capabilities! Any advise?

Thanks!
(03-12-2012, 01:00 PM)vacanaillady Wrote: How do you like the sunflower dust lamp. I have a "one that works" but I need to purchase a lamp so I thought why not one with dust collecting capabilities! Any advise?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have used my W.T.A.C. for years, but it's been running poorly. I just purchased the Sunflower II and am awaiting delivery. I'll let you know what I think when I start using it. Smile
Shanda Louis
Hair, Nail & Makeup Artist
No one owns this lamp? should I be looking at something else instead?
I use the Partigone, never tried the sunflower. I love my slimline lamp and wouldn't probably like the sunflowers light. HTH
"Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity." Smile
I purchased the Sunflower Unit on the recommendation of Young Nails at a beauty show. I have to say that I have been disappointed in the functionality and quality of the unit. I would not purchase another one.

The unit topples out of its post so easily, and dangerously. I know they had recommended using glue somehow to secure it into its post, but I never got around to digging out that tidbit of information and following up on it. The little lamp in the unit never seems to stay in place. And quite frankly, I am sure there are other units out there that suck up dust in a better way than this unit.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate this unit at about a "5" as an overall rating. I just attended a class, and the instructor was using a Valentino (sp?) and it seemed to be a better choice for dust collection, although it seemed awkward to work over. I would rather have something recessed into my work area, or off my work table like the Sunflower unit. Just my opinion and experience, of course.
I used to have the Sunflower, the light is a joke, it gets covered with dust very quickly and is useless the rest of the service. The dust collection is so-so, and the odor removal is very minimal. I used mine for the year it was under warranty, I think the motor burned out three times, which they sent me new ones but at the year mark they told me it wasn't covered anymore...

I now use the salon pure air at my nail table and the partition at the pedi station.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Thank you! I will take that off my list right away. I will look into the other 2 systems, I'm also reading good things about the Valintino. Thanks again!
Sad 
(03-12-2012, 01:00 PM)vacanaillady Wrote: How do you like the sunflower dust lamp. I have a "one that works" but I need to purchase a lamp so I thought why not one with dust collecting capabilities! Any advise?

Thanks!

I bought the Sunflower and used it maybe 10 times max when it died. Emailed the company and was told out of warranty. I'm not a full time or even a part-time nail tech. I just dabble and practice doing nails so I was really ticked off that I got stuck with a poor product. I would not recommend it at all. The light isn't very bright and gets coated with dust almost immediately. The suction also is terrible even though I cleaned the filter after every use. Save your money and get something else. You might want to try the Erica system. It's noisy and expensive but it pretty much does the job.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 9
Views: 7,104
06-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Last Postartdesigninc
Replies: 2
Views: 2,414
01-12-2014, 11:05 PM