You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q's for small buisness techs
Is I follow my dream of working out of my home I have so many questions. Any help would really be appreciated.

1) do you take creditcards? If so how do you do this? A machine? Online?

2) Do you have online gift cards? What program do you do you use?

3) do you use an online schedualer? Can your clients self book? Which one do you like or dis like

4) Which web site company do you use?

Thanks for everyones help!
(02-27-2012, 09:23 PM)tania1980 Wrote: Is I follow my dream of working out of my home I have so many questions. Any help would really be appreciated.

3) do you use an online schedualer? Can your clients self book? Which one do you like or dis like

Thanks for everyones help!

I use square for credit cards. They sent me a little thing for free that plugs into my cell phone. Works great. I don't do any of the 3 other things, but I do have a facebook page.
Good luck.
Brenda

Brenda
Electrologist 30
Nail tech 3 years
Fairytale Nails (Bring on the bling)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brenda-Loc...1768602978
I use Vagaro - it is an online booking calendar and tracks gift certs, I process ccards thru it and a lot more. They have a 30 free trial and recently they advertised a free card reader if you sign up for cc's thru them.

For my website I use Inmotion hosting and use Word Press for the site builder.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com

A. I use the square reader as well, with my iPad ( it works with several brands of smart phone) the reader is free, and they charge a simple fee of 2.75% no more no less, I always have my money the next day ( so far anyway )

A. I don't

A. I book with a pencil, only because I have seen my coworkers online system lose clients, lose full days, and crash. My pencil has never failed me.

A. I use freewebs and I get a good amount of calls from it. Even though mine is free they do have paid sites for affordable and very nice self explainatory layouts with stunning designs. Plus like a lot if sites it will allow free search engine upload.

I use the Square, it's the least amount of hassle. You can log on to your acct. once it's set up and download each mo.'s income, then deduct the 2.75% at the end of the year to figure out your business expense for taxes.

I issue g.c.'s, printed out by myself or buy another nail tech who designs them....the ones she makes are beautiful!

I wouldn't use an on line scheduler because of not being able to fit in clients for repairs. Lots of times, i work them in while another client is drying/curing.

I use Facebook only
A. I decided not too... and just tell all new clients when they book that I take cash and checks only. Haven't had one problem in over 20 years with this.

A. I prefer paper gift certificates... it's so much easier for me. I'm a one person business and don't need that kind of formal system.

A. I have a website through intuit.. have found it extremely easy to use. I also have a facebook page. Get your feet wet with facebook and go from there... why not? It's FREE!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
I am a mobile tech, so what works for me might not work for everyone...

I have not yet started taking them however there are two companies I was researching. Square and Intuit. They can hook up to a mobile phone or I-Pad and make it very easy to accept credit cards. There was a great article in the January issue of pcworld magazine that compared both

I do not do this on line, I like to custom print them and snail mail or hand deliver when I visit.

I use an Act database. This database is not salon specific more like a standard business database, however I am able to customize it to track all client visits, calls, birthdays, and client consult forms so that I can see everything at a glance. The calendar then downloads to my mobile phone so I have everything at a glance. It also allows me to program in other business contacts and set reminders on follow-up calls and visits and keeps notes on potential clients and networking contacts. Plus, I am able to click on a contact and send a reminder email about an upcoming appointment, or I can scan in a document and save it to the database attached to their information. This might not be a good set-up for several employees, but it works great for just me

GoDaddy-I have found that it works well, and I am lucky enough to have a hubby that likes to dabble with it.

I forgot to note that I do not have self booking options. I like to talk to the potential client. I am then sure she is getting the right product to fit her needs. It also allows them to get a chance to know about me and get comfortable with me before we meet. Great sales and marketing opportunities would be lost I did not speak with them. And I always stress pre-booking their next appointment when I am with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 3,398
04-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Last PostMitcheleSheree
Replies: 2
Views: 2,776
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM