You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nail wipes
Awesome Thread girls, thumbs up!, thanks for sharing.
I am going to try the make up sponges too, I have some just collecting dust Smile.
I like the make up sponge idea but wouldn't that work out to be a tad expensive?
I would think you would have to cut them into small enough bits for single use but not too small that it doesn't hold product.
Just saying my thoughts out loudSmile

But I'm going to give it a try too cause I have heaps of make up sponges that I don't use for make up cause I hardly wear it now a days.
i wanted to share my experience after i started this thread!i bought a week ago from a local factory that makes sponges for sofas the exact type of sponge that ibd has .it was a 1cm width and 2mx1m size in the price of 5 dollars!!! can you believe it??i didn't!!wohhh!! what a rip off from ibd! the only thing is that i have to cut them but who cares???this piece will last ages!!!!i'm so glad you gave me this idea otherwise i wouldn't have thought of that!! Smile
I use Light Elegance around $10 for 360 2x2 squares. Pricey, but no lint, I even use these to dry wipe for my colored gel polish applications, leaves no lint and the nail is still slightly tacky. I used to use Bounty paper towels and still have them on hand, but its worth the $$$ for these wipes

(07-20-2012, 09:27 AM)javamama14821 Wrote: I use Light Elegance around $10 for 360 2x2 squares. Pricey, but no lint, I even use these to dry wipe for my colored gel polish applications, leaves no lint and the nail is still slightly tacky. I used to use Bounty paper towels and still have them on hand, but its worth the $$$ for these wipes

now if I am just finish wiping, I just use my cut up paper towels to cleanse the nail, but use the LE ones for the dry wiping and to clean my brush now.
I just ordered wipes from a dental company....i was using nail techs choice and they too are costly. I got a case of 5000 for $23!!!!!! What a deal!!! And they dont have the cotton in them so they dont have lint which is nice!!!! Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Bounty select a size paper towels are the best. Smile lint free and usually only need one select sheets per service. Smile Very inexpensive as well.
Darlene
I also purchase mine from a dental supply company. I order one or two cases at a time and they last for months!
finally i got the exact type of foam like ibd's from a factory that makes beds and sofas and i cut it in small pieces.i got a big piece and i have it since march and i still haven't run out of it!it costed around 6 dollars and is 2metresx1metre long!
I also use gauze squares, I think I currently have the nail techs choice brand. Would you be able to tell me what dental company you have ordered from? Thanks!
Dedee
Hey dee dee...it was pearson dental...i will have to look up the # tho bcuz their are so many diff ones. These arent filled with cotton like the NTchoice wipes....which i love cuz that lint was so annoying! And....the price??? Thats crazy...Nail supplies are so stinkin expensive...i wldnt doubt that our supplies are just like jewelry --- marked up 400%.....so we gotta do what it takes to save money. And this is def. A step in the right direction. The case alone saves you over $40 compared to NTchoice!!!! Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH