You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reviews for Gelish LED Hard gel
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
 (Print Post)
Reviews for Gelish LED Hard gel
Has anyone tried this system yet?

How does it wear..How does it file? Is there a massive heat spike?

I watched the video on it & see it's pretty much a one or 2 step process. Looks easy & fast

I normally use LCN
Just looking for another LED hard gel alternative

Thanks for any input
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2012, 02:52 PM
 (Print Post)
RE: Reviews for Gelish LED Hard gel
I usually use Young Nails, but tried Gelish LED hard gel and find that it's a bit more flexible than what I'm used to. The clear builder gel seems to be a bit thinner than YN's Synergy Gel. I love the color of the pink cover gel, but once it's cured, I've had problems with it cracking all the way down to the nail bed. I know another tech who is having the same problems with the pink cover gel cracking.

I do love how fast it cures, but not sure if I will stick with it or not. I need to use it on several more clients.
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
 (Print Post)
Thanks..in the video I noticed the promo tech using
the dehydrator, bonder, hard gel as a base..then the white tip then the pink hard or just finishing with the sealer.
Are u following those steps or just using the pink?
I just saw a kit special & was wondering if it was worth purchasing

I know there were a few different techniques being used for different types of overlays or sculpting which I like to do mostly

YN Syn. is that LED or UV?
I am looking for LED hard gels
02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
 (Print Post)
Hi there!

I've been using it since August last year, when I became an educator for the company. I love it, it is flexible, and can be worn very thin as just an overlay. Or with the builders you can sculpt medium length nails.

There is a higher potential for heat spike, if you don't apply it correctly. This is due to the LED curing. It cures it so fast, that is does produce more friction. So what you do is apply your clear base in two coats. And also you can flash cure it if your client has really damaged nails.

Sherrie90630 The best way to use the cover pink is over a layer of clear. So basically build the nail with clear, and then use the cover pink like paint. It covers beautifully with one thin coat. This should prevent cracking. This also makes it easier to remove it when it's time for a backfill.

If anyone has any more questions, let me know. I'm happy to help.

Jesse

http://www.JesseDavidNailDesign.com
Wilmington, DE
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
 (Print Post)
The other tech and myself who are having problems with the pink cover gel are using the reverse method. Any help you can give on how to do that would be great!

Thanks so much!
02-22-2012, 09:45 AM
 (Print Post)
I use the reverse method for applying the pink and white....after I have laid down the basic nail with clear; and that works fine for me. I have not had any issues with it cracking. I have always preferred to lay down the entire nail in clear first because it just makes it easier to do color change ups at fills.

Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
 (Print Post)
Just wondering where you saw the kit special? I'm thinking about ordering. Thanks!

Kristi

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...ef=profile

"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
 (Print Post)
(02-22-2012 11:39 AM)kristibell Wrote:  Just wondering where you saw the kit special? I'm thinking about ordering. Thanks!

NTS has a special on their intro kit
plus u can use the coupon code
sry u have to check the MB to find the code I don't remember it
02-23-2012, 11:27 AM
 (Print Post)
(02-22-2012 10:25 PM)suestation Wrote:  
(02-22-2012 11:39 AM)kristibell Wrote:  Just wondering where you saw the kit special? I'm thinking about ordering. Thanks!

NTS has a special on their intro kit
plus u can use the coupon code
sry u have to check the MB to find the code I don't remember it

Thanks, found it!

Kristi

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...ef=profile

"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
02-26-2012, 09:06 AM
 (Print Post)
(02-21-2012 11:50 PM)Sherrie90630 Wrote:  The other tech and myself who are having problems with the pink cover gel are using the reverse method. Any help you can give on how to do that would be great!

Thanks so much!

Sure, just build a clear extension with Clear Builder. Cure and pinch the C curve if needed. Cleanse, File and Shape. Then apply a thin coat of Cover Pink, floating the product down in to a reverse smile line. Refine the line if needed with a clean, dry brush. Cure. Apply White Builder, butting it up to the pink. Cure. Then take Clear Gel (the thin viscosity one) and apply that to the whole nail like polish. Without Curing, string the gel to create an arch or fill in any low spots. Cure. Cleanse File and Shape and apply either Top it Off or Dry Armour (our new no cleanse LED sealer) Apply Nourish Cuticle Oil.

You're probably thinking, why do I have to file and shape twice? We recommend filing the clear extension so you have a smooth surface on which to apply the Pink and White overlay. It prevents shadows and makes the final filing easier and faster. Just try it Smile

Wilmington, DE
03-08-2012, 12:55 PM
 (Print Post)
(02-21-2012 07:51 PM)jb100680 Wrote:  Hi there!

I've been using it since August last year, when I became an educator for the company. I love it, it is flexible, and can be worn very thin as just an overlay. Or with the builders you can sculpt medium length nails.

There is a higher potential for heat spike, if you don't apply it correctly. This is due to the LED curing. It cures it so fast, that is does produce more friction. So what you do is apply your clear base in two coats. And also you can flash cure it if your client has really damaged nails.

Sherrie90630 The best way to use the cover pink is over a layer of clear. So basically build the nail with clear, and then use the cover pink like paint. It covers beautifully with one thin coat. This should prevent cracking. This also makes it easier to remove it when it's time for a backfill.

If anyone has any more questions, let me know. I'm happy to help.

Jesse

Are they going to come out with professional sizes for the Gelish hard gel? I go through alot of gel!
03-08-2012, 10:23 PM
 (Print Post)
Thank you JB, I'll try that!

Kcavossa - they do have professional sizes. I'm not at the salon right now so I don't know how big the jar is, but I would say it's comparable to Young Nails largest size of Synergy Gel, or maybe just a bit smaller.
04-08-2012, 08:06 PM
 (Print Post)
Hy I have a OPI LED light is the curing time different ?? When i got the gelish hard system kit it does not come with the primer ,so I just used young nails primer .I found that the clear builder is harder to manage ,I do like the pink color. Is there any other video other the one that shows how to apply the gel ?? how about a refill ,I actually called the Nail Harmony company for more information, I was told that someone will call me back ,I'm still waiting ,and it is almost one week .Your information is very helpfull ,I Hope to read more from your experience ,Thank you
04-22-2012, 06:20 AM
 (Print Post)
Jess, can you please email me at nailgirl111@comcast.net. I have some questions regarding gelish led hard gel.
04-29-2012, 08:02 PM
 (Print Post)
Hi everyone!

Sorry, I missed this thread.

nailgirl1 I sent you a message, but if you want to just post here, someone else might have the same question.

Prettywoman I would guess the curing time to be the same, but check with OPI for that. No, we don't have any refill videos at this time, but that's a great idea. Yes, you would use a non acid primer, so Protein Bond would work. But our Pro Bond is fantastic. Your distributor would be the best place to get product information (literature). I'm happy to offer technical information here or by email.

Also about refill sizes. Gelish Hard Gel comes in .5 oz or 1.5 oz jar. Also an 8 oz refill bottle.

Wilmington, DE
04-30-2012, 03:09 AM
 (Print Post)
Already got answers but thanks anyhow Jess!
12-20-2012, 07:14 AM
 (Print Post)
(04-29-2012 08:02 PM)jb100680 Wrote:  Hi everyone!

Sorry, I missed this thread.

nailgirl1 I sent you a message, but if you want to just post here, someone else might have the same question.

Prettywoman I would guess the curing time to be the same, but check with OPI for that. No, we don't have any refill videos at this time, but that's a great idea. Yes, you would use a non acid primer, so Protein Bond would work. But our Pro Bond is fantastic. Your distributor would be the best place to get product information (literature). I'm happy to offer technical information here or by email.

Also about refill sizes. Gelish Hard Gel comes in .5 oz or 1.5 oz jar. Also an 8 oz refill bottle.

Hi All, How do you safely remove Harmony Hard Gels? Jessica
02-26-2013, 01:56 PM
 (Print Post)
Hi do you know which base coat do i use for the hard gel? is it the same one we use for color gel?
if first sculpture gel coat too thick will cause more lifting?

Thank you for answering questions!!!
01-12-2014, 11:32 AM
 (Print Post)
I'm having problems with the gelish hard gel sculptures snapping across the free edge after 4 days . What am I doing wrong?
01-12-2014, 12:32 PM
 (Print Post)
It's hard to say without seeing your application. But maybe the form fit is off? You have no problems other than with sculpts?

Wilmington, DE
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gelish Led Hard Gel lexibunny 2 528 06-10-2014 12:57 PM
Last Post: lexibunny
  Valentino beauty pure gen iii, I am looking for reviews for this. wawaseefriend 1 986 11-11-2013 02:01 PM
Last Post: BeautyTech.com
  gelish hard gel annamar 1 720 09-15-2013 10:43 PM
Last Post: jb100680
  Pedispas - Love 'em? hate 'em? Reviews? plumgirl 13 2,507 07-25-2013 01:41 PM
Last Post: FileFileSnipSnip
  Aerovex Reviews? Back2You 3 792 07-06-2013 09:46 AM
Last Post: jessicam981
  Gelish hard gel color issues NailsByJill 1 1,172 06-17-2013 05:33 PM
Last Post: moushax37
  Gelish hard gels chloelou1991 2 1,526 10-01-2012 10:44 AM
Last Post: chloelou1991
  Gelish Hard Gel apolishedlook 5 3,145 07-04-2012 05:25 AM
Last Post: nailgirl1
  Atn: Gelish LED Hard Gel Users/Can you Mentor Me? Gr8Nailz 2 2,716 06-10-2012 12:48 AM
Last Post: Gr8Nailz
  NSI Polish Pro swatches and reviews Anna from Toronto 3 2,481 02-19-2012 01:11 AM
Last Post: wooshka