You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had Carpal Surgery, any tools that would help me?
Hi I just had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand and I'm having my left done next week. Do you know of any good poroducts to help ease me back in. I've seen the Pedi Stil, a big cushiony piece of foam for my table, the wrist assist and an ergonomic manicure station that your clients hand rests on from Radapro. Do these help or do you have any suggestions?

How about a good chair for my manicure station? There are so many to choose from, it's mind blowing.

THANK YOU, Kelly*
Kelly
Be sure to always elevate your clients wrist on something - like Wrist Assist or a rolled towel. This way they cannot put any weight on your hands. Also I had it done on both wrists and the second one I therapy which made a huge difference.
Vicki

(02-17-2012, 01:30 PM)stuka123 Wrote: Hi I just had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand and I'm having my left done next week. Do you know of any good poroducts to help ease me back in. I've seen the Pedi Stil, a big cushiony piece of foam for my table, the wrist assist and an ergonomic manicure station that your clients hand rests on from Radapro. Do these help or do you have any suggestions?

How about a good chair for my manicure station? There are so many to choose from, it's mind blowing.

THANK YOU, Kelly*

You can reduce the potentials for damage by changing some techniques, and one I used when I began having symptoms was "building to finish", meaning do not add any more product than you need so you do not have to take it back off = build it to be what you want as a finished product. This takes practice and a practiced eye, but it works. Most of us add product (a bit here/there) - at least in the first years of being a NT and most or us add way too much. Thin your tip as you build, build the shape as you build (as much as you can) and most important, do not over build. This reduces dramatically three things: the amount of time you build, the amount of time for finish, and the amount of product you use.
The rewards are half the stress on your wrists, less time on each client and less product to purchase.
Also, whenever my wrist started feeling tired, a bit achy or generally like I was headed for trouble, I put on one of those stiff wrist guards (drugstore purchase) while I worked AND at night while I slept - night is our healing time, you know. Later, I could go to nights only for a while. This usually took about two weeks at work, and a few more wearing them at night.
Just my method, but it worked for me!
JanMc
Live and Learn - life is too short to stay the same

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,451
05-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Postplumgirl