You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair dressers nail discolored
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep hair color from staining their nails?It stains no matter which top coat or gel polish top coat I use.One of the hairdressers didnt stain when she went to nss.She had acrylic with gel top coat.Appreciate youre input.
The only thing I know of is if the stylists wear gloves. I have several clients like this and we always stick with darker polish to hide the color stains, and steer clear of a french manicure.

I would love to hear if anyone has a solution besides this...
Gloss from Young Nails is great for hairdressers as it doesn't stain. It's not a top coat, but you could apply it very thin.
Have you tried Light Elegance's Super Shiny? I have several clients who are hairdressers, They've told me that they do not always wear gloves and we've never had any staining issues with it.
Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
backscratcher's glaze sealer won't stain, it's an air dry top coat and it has to be filed off. it's not terribly expensive either.
I would second Extreme glaze sealer. Its the only thing I can find that wont brown.
I would switch from Acrylic to hard gel on her.
I put OPI hard gel on my HD and it stains. I will try back scratchers.
I have a hair dresser that is coming from a nss and says they buff them to a shine with an efile and buff cream...I have each of the items and just asked on a post for more info. I dont know how to get it to a high shine, she says thats the only thing that does not stain?!
(04-23-2012, 01:44 AM)Nailsareagirlsbf Wrote: I have a hair dresser that is coming from a nss and says they buff them to a shine with an efile and buff cream...I have each of the items and just asked on a post for more info. I dont know how to get it to a high shine, she says thats the only thing that does not stain?!

This is a very bad sign... It means that the liquid & powder they use has an extremely hard and rigid polymerisation... very unlikely it is EMA... virtually any liquid & powder (no matter how smoothly polished) will get some surface staining.

In saying that the smoother you get the finish the less likely it will be to stain heavily. To achieve this take the nail down in various grit sizes until you get to use just a buffer..

The best solution is a high quality non soakable gel top coat. I have used BRiSA top coat a lot for hair dressers and have never experienced staining..

hth's

Envy
(04-25-2012, 09:42 PM)Envy Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 01:44 AM)Nailsareagirlsbf Wrote: I have a hair dresser that is coming from a nss and says they buff them to a shine with an efile and buff cream...I have each of the items and just asked on a post for more info. I dont know how to get it to a high shine, she says thats the only thing that does not stain?!

This is a very bad sign... It means that the liquid & powder they use has an extremely hard and rigid polymerisation... very unlikely it is EMA... virtually any liquid & powder (no matter how smoothly polished) will get some surface staining.

In saying that the smoother you get the finish the less likely it will be to stain heavily. To achieve this take the nail down in various grit sizes until you get to use just a buffer..

The best solution is a high quality non soakable gel top coat. I have used BRiSA top coat a lot for hair dressers and have never experienced staining..

hth's

I am using CND Solar powder, and I buff every time for the Pink and White nails and regular acrylic nails. They are very shiny and no stain and no turn yellow from tanning .
The trick is to use a non-porous top gloss. If its a gel that is required to be filed off, it should be good. If it can be soaked off at all or is a tack-free gloss (it should have a dispersion layer), then you have the best bet at less staining.

For my hair stylists I use Akzentz Top Gloss regardless if I'm doing a french or a Luxio Gel Polish application. Makes all the difference in the world.

Jessica Hoel
Nail Professional
Akzentz Distributor & Educator
http://www.luvnailz.com
I just started working with a YN tech, and she says they make a topcoat designed to prevent staining from things like haircolor...maybe something to look into??
They are not normally a problem unless you get a cut and don't treat it, or if it gets trapped between the natural and the overlay.
Beat them over the head about wearing gloves! Big Grin That's what I do and it's working. Sort of. Most of the time. They still sometimes forgo the gloves but then they have no one to blame but themselves, hehe. I use OPI GC right now (thinking of migrating to Cuccio Veneer) and so far, so good, though none of them wear lights/frenches.

I have to say though, my glove badgering is not only for the polish it's also in the true sense of "educating the client" Tongue With the number of chemicals we beauty profs use, it's no surprise many of us have some form of contact dermatitis. I especially hound the young'uns...."don't be like us!" Dodgy
I use LE's Super Shiny
I've already developed a little dermatitis on my two pointer fingers under the hyponichium from removing the gel tacky layer with a lint free wipe and not my plastic backed ones. *cry* I've only been in this since September and I wear gloves almost all the time. Almost... sigh.
I buff to a high shine w/ graduating grits from roughest to smoothest, then buffing cream and a chmois buffer. I have YN Gloss and a few other gel sealers, not only do they stain on my hairdressers, but I got sick of spikes and bald spots, and the overall fussiness they seem to have. I use YN acrylic, and Deenterprise acrylic, both shine up beautifully if done right...Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 4,169
08-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post[email protected]
Replies: 6
Views: 4,502
06-19-2013, 02:21 AM