You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Nail Technology
Hello all!

I am completely certain that once I finish the nail technology program that I want to continue my education to become a Medical Nail Technician (MNT).

Is anyone here a MNT or know someone that is? I have so many questions and would love to bounce them off someone who has already completed the program and is actually working as a MNT.

Thanks so much!
Nail Technology Student
http://thepolishednail.blogspot.com/[/color]
(02-07-2012, 10:39 PM)pe.riche. Wrote: Hello all!

I am completely certain that once I finish the nail technology program that I want to continue my education to become a Medical Nail Technician (MNT).

Is anyone here a MNT or know someone that is? I have so many questions and would love to bounce them off someone who has already completed the program and is actually working as a MNT.

Thanks so much!

I completed the Medical Nail Technician program, and I think it is a really great program to broaden your knowledge about nail care.

I know that we get new clients in our salon that are concerned about cleanliness when they see that we have a Medical Nail Technician on staff.

If you email me privately, I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have, however I don't work as a medical nail technician for a podiatrist.

I did take all of my information, all very well prepared complete package and professionally printed, to about 12 local podiatrists asking for a referral relationship. I spent over $2,000.00 to have the printed materials designed and printed. I did NOT hear from one podiatrist. Four of the support staff from these offices scheduled the free pedicure service I offered to introduce them to our business, but I did not receive even one two-minute phone call from an interested podiatrist.

I do live in a busy area with all levels of income. Given the amount of trouble that I went to to prepare these materials and their professional nature, I was shocked that I did not receive even one response from a local doctor. These were practices with mostly men on staff, with one practice with a woman on staff.

The female foot doctor actually stayed at my inn for a night and had a pedicure. But even during her pedicure, she never mentioned a referral relationship and I did not push the issue. It just so happened that coincidentally I even had her office information in full view of her while she had her service. Not one peep. (I keep local podiatrist information available to give to clients if they need it.)

I found all this very interesting, and it helped me to understand that podiatrists probably aren't aware or don't care what goes on in nail salons. Not sure. I just don't think podiatrists take nail technicians seriously at all, even though I tried hard to change that with the information I provided.

This is all just my experience, local to my area.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 9
Views: 6,231
09-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Last PostDarcy
Replies: 1
Views: 1,757
08-10-2013, 08:53 PM