You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gelish mini pro 45 lamp
Does any one have this mini LED lamp. It says it has 6 bulbs in it but I only see 3. I couldn't find a way to contact Harmony co. I figured wallis wouldn't know the answer either way.
Thank you
(02-05-2012, 08:58 PM)ameera319 Wrote: Does any one have this mini LED lamp. It says it has 6 bulbs in it but I only see 3. I couldn't find a way to contact Harmony co. I figured wallis wouldn't know the answer either way.
Thank you

I meant Sally's wouldn't have an answer!
I looked at it yesterday. For the $50 and the 50K hours of said working time, its still not a time saver for curing. Its a 6 watt and it still takes 2-3 min to cure each Gelish layer. I put it back, I wanted it for home use but for me thats just silly. There is a smaller unit at premier nail source for just a little more $ and I am sure you may have read from me that Manicuresthatlast is gathering dual UV/led lights for sale very soon. @ under $200 this is what I will be using.
I have this lamp and I use it all the time for my gelish manicures. It has a timer on it and it cures each layer in 45 seconds. I will continue to use it until I can get a better one. But for now I think it works well for me.
The Pink Door
I purchased that led light as well. It worked fine for Gelish, and new OPI. With the curing time of 45 seconds per coat, I have decreased my service time. Get those clients out faster! The stylists really liked it. Applied gelish over acrylics, and ready for their clients.
(02-07-2012, 10:59 PM)Get_Nailed Wrote: I purchased that led light as well. It worked fine for Gelish, and new OPI. With the curing time of 45 seconds per coat, I have decreased my service time. Get those clients out faster! The stylists really liked it. Applied gelish over acrylics, and ready for their clients.

I looked over the cure directions on the box for the mini unit at Sally's. ( not the hand held. ) and I read 2 min each layer. Where does it say 45 seconds on this 6 watt lamp?
(02-08-2012, 02:04 AM)sobeit Wrote: I looked over the cure directions on the box for the mini unit at Sally's. ( not the hand held. ) and I read 2 min each layer. Where does it say 45 seconds on this 6 watt lamp?

It's 2 mins for the little Portable Mini handheld one, but it's 45 seconds for the Gelish Mini Pro 45 one.
Heart Gelishly
i got the handheld one for special situations. i havent used it yet though. i thought i would be easier for someone to hold if they cant flaten their fingers out for the regual lamp
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
http://mitchelesheree.blogspot.com/
The mini pro is much better than the personal handheld model.
The harmony rep said it is 3 -2watt bulbs in the machine. I got an additional 15% off the pro price and a free mini gelish color at Sally's.
So it was worth it for a back up lamp.
(02-10-2012, 12:03 AM)Gelishly Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 02:04 AM)sobeit Wrote: I looked over the cure directions on the box for the mini unit at Sally's. ( not the hand held. ) and I read 2 min each layer. Where does it say 45 seconds on this 6 watt lamp?

It's 2 mins for the little Portable Mini handheld one, but it's 45 seconds for the Gelish Mini Pro 45 one.

I am going to have to look back into that for home use. I could have sworn it was still a few min. I would love that for my travel unit too. I hope its still there.
I purchased the Gelish MINI Pro LED Curing Light. It has a built in 45 second timer.

This is a good led for the price. $50 At my Sally it was in a different area, then the rest of the Gelish products (across aisle). Love it! Even with dark colors.]
i just got the mini led at sally's and it works great for the gelish and i have the new additive from jim guppy(charisma) and am mixing my polishes with it and it is led also and using the mini led i just got. works great.i do like the whole 45sec curing its small but works. it has 6 tiny lights in it
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
I went back for one today. I love it. Im using it @ home with my new O.P.I gelcolor. This mini gets hot during cure.
I have the original LED Harmony lamp..I bought it used so it had some wear & tear but it works good..hoping someday to buy a new one.
Since the mini LED is a good price I might just pick one up to have for travel & to do pedicures with..do u think its good for doing pedis? Also is it wireless? that would be another plus for me.

when u go LED u never want to go back to UV unless u have too.
Has anyone tried any hard gels in there? I know Harmony has a new LED hard gel & that Light Concept hard gels will cure in the LED.

I hate to switch back & forth..
This is the led lamp i was asking about a few months ago that no one knew what i was talking about
CND trained since '02
Lumos & Famous Names- Famous Partner~ want Lumos? Email me!
Www://facebook.com/cloudnineathens
Lumos! Dadi' Oil! Vamoos!
(02-16-2012, 01:52 AM)suestation Wrote: I have the original LED Harmony lamp..I bought it used so it had some wear & tear but it works good..hoping someday to buy a new one.
Since the mini LED is a good price I might just pick one up to have for travel & to do pedicures with..do u think its good for doing pedis? Also is it wireless? that would be another plus for me.

when u go LED u never want to go back to UV unless u have too.
Has anyone tried any hard gels in there? I know Harmony has a new LED hard gel & that Light Concept hard gels will cure in the LED.

I hate to switch back & forth..

It only fits 4 finger so I don't think it will work for toes. Its really small. Its awesome for at home use and travel. I cured 4 fingers each and then both thumbs. 45 seconds each. It sure beats 2-3 min for Gelish and OPI cure times. I am looking at the pro 5 finger size for the salon. I know that there is a generic led from premier nails that is under $70 and will do all 5 nails. Its the size of a single 9 watt unit so toes will fit carefully yet you can travel with it easier than the larger lamps.

Cloudnine. My sallys didn't carry this lamp until a few weeks ago. All they had was the mini UV hand held light for $16. That could be why you didnt have anyone knowing what you were referring to.
Thanks Peggy Smile
I have not even been to my Sally's yet to check it out..
I have a tone of free time this weekend with hubs OOT & lil one going to Nana's so guess where I am going this weekend YAY!
Based on all your reviews, I bit the bullet and ordered it online - can't wait till it gets here Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Ok, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4 finger light is only saving you 30sec. Per hand per layer? So a total of 4 minutes per service? Is this what you guys are seeing?

Thanks Smile
Denise
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
(02-17-2012, 11:55 AM)onyxkeeper Wrote: Ok, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4 finger light is only saving you 30sec. Per hand per layer? So a total of 4 minutes per service? Is this what you guys are seeing?

Thanks Smile
Denise

Gelish colors are a 2-3 min cure. Nothing but the foundation is less than 2. For uv that is. So 30 sec for base and 45 sec for fingers is over a minute a layer. (75 sec)
I thought base was just 10 sec in LED?
It's what I was trained & told by reps..
is this what everyone is doing in now in LED 30 sec?
Just trying to understand if this is a new change..so much to keep up with all these new formulas & times
ditto on what sobeit said
also to laura m.. ahahhaha..
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
I'm asking about the mini led Smile just trying to see if I should get one Smile

So, you have 45 sec. For the fingers and then 45 sec. For the thumb. Total, 90 sec. (min and half). Two layers of color will take 6 minutes instead of 8. Now, the base is exciting Big Grin only 10sec??? So that would save 3 min and 20sec???? I assume t.I.o. Is 10 sec, too?
And now I come up with 6 min and 40 sec. Is this right???
If so, I'm buying one today Big Grin

And please! Someone tell me if I'm way off the mark with the math :lol:

Thx
Denise
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
Cure time comparison
Foundation. 10 sec in a pro led, 30 sec in UV or 20 sec in the mini pro led
Color 20-30 sec in pro led, 2-3 min in uv ( dark is 3 ) or 45 sec in mini pro led
top it off 30 sec in pro led, 2 min in uv or 45 sec in mini pro led.

Curing the 4 fingers is 45 sec plus 45 for the other hand and another 45 for thumbs equaling 135 seconds or 2 minutes 15 sec for both hands to be cured. ( color layers ) in uv its 2-3 min per hand so its 100% faster at the very least from UV curing. its 15 sec longer than a pro size led.
I bought the mini light last night..it is tiny..well compared to my original 9G Harmony one.
I am not sure I am gonna keep it. for whatever reason I thought it had more lights & was wireless.
but at the price it is a great starter so u can try the LED..pro price was about $49

I find u can use it for peds but you would have to cure using twice by angling it left to right so u would get an even cure but it does work..and I have to sometimes do this with my 9G light anyway.

so yeah mini LED is def cure of 20 sec base, 45 sec colors & top b/c it only has the 3 bulbs

9G 10 sec base & 30 sec colors

Now I see they have a 18G! it does all 5 fingers
think it mentioned 5sec cure for base! WOW! I need that beast!

http://www.nailharmony.com/products/led-lamps.html
Ahhhh.....that's what I was missing! You're curing the thumbs together.

K, think I need one, if for no other purpose than to do my daughters nails Big Grin

Thanks Peggy!
Denise
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,272