You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gelish mini pro 45 lamp
02-05-2012, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 08:00 PM by ameera319.)
 (Print Post)
Gelish mini pro 45 lamp
Does any one have this mini LED lamp. It says it has 6 bulbs in it but I only see 3. I couldn't find a way to contact Harmony co. I figured wallis wouldn't know the answer either way.
Thank you
(02-05-2012 07:58 PM)ameera319 Wrote:  Does any one have this mini LED lamp. It says it has 6 bulbs in it but I only see 3. I couldn't find a way to contact Harmony co. I figured wallis wouldn't know the answer either way.
Thank you

I meant Sally's wouldn't have an answer!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 08:11 PM
 (Print Post)
RE: Gelish mini pro 45 lamp
I looked at it yesterday. For the $50 and the 50K hours of said working time, its still not a time saver for curing. Its a 6 watt and it still takes 2-3 min to cure each Gelish layer. I put it back, I wanted it for home use but for me thats just silly. There is a smaller unit at premier nail source for just a little more $ and I am sure you may have read from me that Manicuresthatlast is gathering dual UV/led lights for sale very soon. @ under $200 this is what I will be using.
02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
 (Print Post)
I have this lamp and I use it all the time for my gelish manicures. It has a timer on it and it cures each layer in 45 seconds. I will continue to use it until I can get a better one. But for now I think it works well for me.

The Pink Door
02-07-2012, 09:59 PM
 (Print Post)
I purchased that led light as well. It worked fine for Gelish, and new OPI. With the curing time of 45 seconds per coat, I have decreased my service time. Get those clients out faster! The stylists really liked it. Applied gelish over acrylics, and ready for their clients.
02-08-2012, 01:04 AM
 (Print Post)
(02-07-2012 09:59 PM)Get_Nailed Wrote:  I purchased that led light as well. It worked fine for Gelish, and new OPI. With the curing time of 45 seconds per coat, I have decreased my service time. Get those clients out faster! The stylists really liked it. Applied gelish over acrylics, and ready for their clients.

I looked over the cure directions on the box for the mini unit at Sally's. ( not the hand held. ) and I read 2 min each layer. Where does it say 45 seconds on this 6 watt lamp?
02-09-2012, 11:03 PM
 (Print Post)
(02-08-2012 01:04 AM)sobeit Wrote:  I looked over the cure directions on the box for the mini unit at Sally's. ( not the hand held. ) and I read 2 min each layer. Where does it say 45 seconds on this 6 watt lamp?

It's 2 mins for the little Portable Mini handheld one, but it's 45 seconds for the Gelish Mini Pro 45 one.

Heart Gelishly
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM
 (Print Post)
i got the handheld one for special situations. i havent used it yet though. i thought i would be easier for someone to hold if they cant flaten their fingers out for the regual lamp

Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
http://mitchelesheree.blogspot.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2012, 10:27 AM
 (Print Post)
The mini pro is much better than the personal handheld model.
The harmony rep said it is 3 -2watt bulbs in the machine. I got an additional 15% off the pro price and a free mini gelish color at Sally's.
So it was worth it for a back up lamp.
02-11-2012, 12:16 PM
 (Print Post)
(02-09-2012 11:03 PM)Gelishly Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 01:04 AM)sobeit Wrote:  I looked over the cure directions on the box for the mini unit at Sally's. ( not the hand held. ) and I read 2 min each layer. Where does it say 45 seconds on this 6 watt lamp?

It's 2 mins for the little Portable Mini handheld one, but it's 45 seconds for the Gelish Mini Pro 45 one.

I am going to have to look back into that for home use. I could have sworn it was still a few min. I would love that for my travel unit too. I hope its still there.
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
 (Print Post)
I purchased the Gelish MINI Pro LED Curing Light. It has a built in 45 second timer.

This is a good led for the price. $50 At my Sally it was in a different area, then the rest of the Gelish products (across aisle). Love it! Even with dark colors.]
02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
 (Print Post)
i just got the mini led at sally's and it works great for the gelish and i have the new additive from jim guppy(charisma) and am mixing my polishes with it and it is led also and using the mini led i just got. works great.i do like the whole 45sec curing its small but works. it has 6 tiny lights in it

Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
02-15-2012, 05:53 PM
 (Print Post)
I went back for one today. I love it. Im using it @ home with my new O.P.I gelcolor. This mini gets hot during cure.
02-16-2012, 12:52 AM
 (Print Post)
I have the original LED Harmony lamp..I bought it used so it had some wear & tear but it works good..hoping someday to buy a new one.
Since the mini LED is a good price I might just pick one up to have for travel & to do pedicures with..do u think its good for doing pedis? Also is it wireless? that would be another plus for me.

when u go LED u never want to go back to UV unless u have too.
Has anyone tried any hard gels in there? I know Harmony has a new LED hard gel & that Light Concept hard gels will cure in the LED.

I hate to switch back & forth..
02-16-2012, 09:00 AM
 (Print Post)
This is the led lamp i was asking about a few months ago that no one knew what i was talking about

CND trained since '02
Lumos & Famous Names- Famous Partner~ want Lumos? Email me!
http://Www.facebook.com/cloudnineathens
Lumos! Dadi' Oil! Vamoos!
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
 (Print Post)
(02-16-2012 12:52 AM)suestation Wrote:  I have the original LED Harmony lamp..I bought it used so it had some wear & tear but it works good..hoping someday to buy a new one.
Since the mini LED is a good price I might just pick one up to have for travel & to do pedicures with..do u think its good for doing pedis? Also is it wireless? that would be another plus for me.

when u go LED u never want to go back to UV unless u have too.
Has anyone tried any hard gels in there? I know Harmony has a new LED hard gel & that Light Concept hard gels will cure in the LED.

I hate to switch back & forth..

It only fits 4 finger so I don't think it will work for toes. Its really small. Its awesome for at home use and travel. I cured 4 fingers each and then both thumbs. 45 seconds each. It sure beats 2-3 min for Gelish and OPI cure times. I am looking at the pro 5 finger size for the salon. I know that there is a generic led from premier nails that is under $70 and will do all 5 nails. Its the size of a single 9 watt unit so toes will fit carefully yet you can travel with it easier than the larger lamps.

Cloudnine. My sallys didn't carry this lamp until a few weeks ago. All they had was the mini UV hand held light for $16. That could be why you didnt have anyone knowing what you were referring to.
02-16-2012, 11:51 PM
 (Print Post)
Thanks Peggy Smile
I have not even been to my Sally's yet to check it out..
I have a tone of free time this weekend with hubs OOT & lil one going to Nana's so guess where I am going this weekend YAY!
02-17-2012, 06:43 AM
 (Print Post)
Based on all your reviews, I bit the bullet and ordered it online - can't wait till it gets here Smile

Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
 (Print Post)
Ok, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4 finger light is only saving you 30sec. Per hand per layer? So a total of 4 minutes per service? Is this what you guys are seeing?

Thanks Smile
Denise

Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
 (Print Post)
(02-17-2012 10:55 AM)onyxkeeper Wrote:  Ok, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4 finger light is only saving you 30sec. Per hand per layer? So a total of 4 minutes per service? Is this what you guys are seeing?

Thanks Smile
Denise
Gelish colors are a 2-3 min cure. Nothing but the foundation is less than 2. For uv that is. So 30 sec for base and 45 sec for fingers is over a minute a layer. (75 sec)
02-17-2012, 11:05 AM
 (Print Post)
I thought base was just 10 sec in LED?
It's what I was trained & told by reps..
is this what everyone is doing in now in LED 30 sec?
Just trying to understand if this is a new change..so much to keep up with all these new formulas & times
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
 (Print Post)
ditto on what sobeit said
also to laura m.. ahahhaha..

Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
02-18-2012, 10:24 AM
 (Print Post)
I'm asking about the mini led Smile just trying to see if I should get one Smile

So, you have 45 sec. For the fingers and then 45 sec. For the thumb. Total, 90 sec. (min and half). Two layers of color will take 6 minutes instead of 8. Now, the base is exciting Big Grin only 10sec??? So that would save 3 min and 20sec???? I assume t.I.o. Is 10 sec, too?
And now I come up with 6 min and 40 sec. Is this right???
If so, I'm buying one today Big Grin

And please! Someone tell me if I'm way off the mark with the math :lol:

Thx
Denise

Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
02-18-2012, 12:28 PM
 (Print Post)
Cure time comparison
Foundation. 10 sec in a pro led, 30 sec in UV or 20 sec in the mini pro led
Color 20-30 sec in pro led, 2-3 min in uv ( dark is 3 ) or 45 sec in mini pro led
top it off 30 sec in pro led, 2 min in uv or 45 sec in mini pro led.

Curing the 4 fingers is 45 sec plus 45 for the other hand and another 45 for thumbs equaling 135 seconds or 2 minutes 15 sec for both hands to be cured. ( color layers ) in uv its 2-3 min per hand so its 100% faster at the very least from UV curing. its 15 sec longer than a pro size led.
02-18-2012, 01:45 PM
 (Print Post)
I bought the mini light last night..it is tiny..well compared to my original 9G Harmony one.
I am not sure I am gonna keep it. for whatever reason I thought it had more lights & was wireless.
but at the price it is a great starter so u can try the LED..pro price was about $49

I find u can use it for peds but you would have to cure using twice by angling it left to right so u would get an even cure but it does work..and I have to sometimes do this with my 9G light anyway.

so yeah mini LED is def cure of 20 sec base, 45 sec colors & top b/c it only has the 3 bulbs

9G 10 sec base & 30 sec colors

Now I see they have a 18G! it does all 5 fingers
think it mentioned 5sec cure for base! WOW! I need that beast!

http://www.nailharmony.com/products/led-lamps.html
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
 (Print Post)
Ahhhh.....that's what I was missing! You're curing the thumbs together.

K, think I need one, if for no other purpose than to do my daughters nails Big Grin

Thanks Peggy!
Denise

Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Trouble with Gelish 18G LED lamp propeditech 5 4,031 03-01-2013 02:21 AM
Last Post: begli5
  gelish LED mini pro 45 lamp issues help edithloc 2 1,722 08-28-2012 10:38 AM
Last Post: edithloc
  Mini polish bottles jennie 1 873 08-22-2012 06:58 PM
Last Post: hlaurette
  ? about the vacuum attachment for mini vac...from akzentz deb0869 5 2,156 02-04-2012 02:53 AM
Last Post: deb0869
  **Mini Dust Collector? Kristina 17 5,742 12-20-2011 04:39 PM
Last Post: scratchmyback
  mini snowflakes and christmas imbeded mylar polishedgirl 3 1,116 11-22-2011 08:08 AM
Last Post: Nailz
  Gelish mini LED lamp CloudNineNails 12 9,750 11-15-2011 11:35 PM
Last Post: Shanna702