You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gelish mini pro 45 lamp
(02-19-2012, 09:07 PM)onyxkeeper Wrote: Ahhhh.....that's what I was missing! You're curing the thumbs together.

K, think I need one, if for no other purpose than to do my daughters nails Big Grin

Thanks Peggy!
Denise

Ya know what I have been doing is all 4 fingers on both hands all the way through the top coat. Then I do the thumbs, base through top, curing together. That way the client isnt risking hitting the thumbs while they are wiggling around. LOL. Its just a method that works. This little unit is really a heckuva buy. I am going to get Colleens Pro size led as soon as my taxes get here, for salon use. I do my own nails at home, and my family and friends, or neighbor clients if they call.
Are you girls using the Gelish mini led to cure a day full of clients with good results?
You can save a little iittle more time by doing the 4 fingers on one hand, plus the thumb of the other hand so you can lay your thumb flat. It's a tight fit, but it works and saves you curing thumbs completely separately.
Heart Gelishly
So I went right out and got the lamp on Thursday and did a set of toes. Loved it!! Then I carefully packed it in a bag and brought it to the beach for the weekend. Not 24hrs later I plugged it in to use it and no worky. Sad Sad
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
Did you take it back? There has to be at least a 30 warranty on the little sucker. I opted to not get the $5 replacement warranty which I think I should have bought just in case. That's no good.
hi, does anyone have problems with the mino pro 45???!!
in mmy firts time using the lamp at firts everything go well but after the 8 time i put my hand in the lamp didnt off after the 45 secs and then everytime for the rest of th set it didnt turn off automatlly at all, then it wont turn on!!! i dont know if anyone have experience this probles because that was yesterday and today i tested and have the same problem after the 6th time i on and off, help if you can or u think i should returned the lamp to sally?!?!?
thanks i learn a lot in this forum!!
I took it back and got a new one. That one didn't work, either. Turned out Imma dork and the outlet was bad.
Love it for toes!!!

Denise
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
(02-07-2012, 07:10 PM)Telia Wrote: I have this lamp and I use it all the time for my gelish manicures. It has a timer on it and it cures each layer in 45 seconds. I will continue to use it until I can get a better one. But for now I think it works well for me.

did anyone have problems with the lamp??! mine dont go off automatly after 45 seconds after the 8th time i used in every ocasion, that happend to you??
thanks
(02-07-2012, 10:59 PM)Get_Nailed Wrote: I purchased that led light as well. It worked fine for Gelish, and new OPI. With the curing time of 45 seconds per coat, I have decreased my service time. Get those clients out faster! The stylists really liked it. Applied gelish over acrylics, and ready for their clients.

did anyone have problems with the lamp??! mine dont go off automatly after 45 seconds after the 8th time i used in every ocasion, that happend to you??
thanks
I'm using the gelish mini pro led 45. I'm using all gelish products except for the top coat which is opi axxium. when i go to swipe off residue alot of the color comes off with it and the finish is quite dull. I had no problems before when I was using the shellac base coat, shellac or opi color and the opi top coat, curing with the CND uv lamp. Anyone else having this problem?
(08-30-2012, 01:19 AM)jenm4475 Wrote: I'm using the gelish mini pro led 45. I'm using all gelish products except for the top coat which is opi axxium. when i go to swipe off residue alot of the color comes off with it and the finish is quite dull. I had no problems before when I was using the shellac base coat, shellac or opi color and the opi top coat, curing with the CND uv lamp. Anyone else having this problem?

Well, the UV output in the GELISH Mini Pro is designed for GELISH not for OPI. Many products will cure under any UV light but the same does not apply for LED lamps. You really should never mix systems and always use the lights that's designed for the system you choose.

Ergo, the OPI top coat is dull because it's not fully cured. The light frequency in the mini pro is not designed for OPI so it will not cure correctly in it.
Can anyone share if they have used this lamp to cure LED hard gel?

Thanks.
Be as creative as you can be and you will never be ordinary!
I've used it with the gelish hard gel with no problems at all! :-)
(08-28-2012, 07:12 PM)edithloc Wrote:
(02-07-2012, 07:10 PM)Telia Wrote: I have this lamp and I use it all the time for my gelish manicures. It has a timer on it and it cures each layer in 45 seconds. I will continue to use it until I can get a better one. But for now I think it works well for me.

thanks
(02-07-2012, 10:59 PM)Get_Nailed Wrote: I purchased that led light as well. It worked fine for Gelish, and new OPI. With the curing time of 45 seconds per coat, I have decreased my service time. Get those clients out faster! The stylists really liked it. Applied gelish over acrylics, and ready for their clients.

thanks

I purchased my mini from Sallys back in Feb of last year and it's still going strong. I've never had a single issue with it.
(02-05-2012, 09:11 PM)sobeit Wrote: I looked at it yesterday. For the $50 and the 50K hours of said working time, its still not a time saver for curing. Its a 6 watt and it still takes 2-3 min to cure each Gelish layer. I put it back, I wanted it for home use but for me thats just silly. There is a smaller unit at premier nail source for just a little more $ and I am sure you may have read from me that Manicuresthatlast is gathering dual UV/led lights for sale very soon. @ under $200 this is what I will be using.

You are thinking of the mini uv light by Gelish. The led only takes 45 seconds to cure with an automatic timer Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,693
10-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Posthlaurette
Replies: 5
Views: 13,392
03-01-2013, 03:21 AM