You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what gel lines have you tried?
02-05-2012, 06:42 PM
 (Print Post)
what gel lines have you tried?
and which ones you still use?which ones would you suggest and why?do you use one gel system or not?if not what makes you use 2 or more different gel lines and for what reasons?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 07:44 PM
 (Print Post)
RE: what gel lines have you tried?
(02-05-2012 06:42 PM)tsita78 Wrote:  and which ones you still use?which ones would you suggest and why?do you use one gel system or not?if not what makes you use 2 or more different gel lines and for what reasons?

I started out using Light Elegance Gels, and I really like their gel. They also have great customer service. I wear their gel every single day at work as a full-time hairdresser/nail tech and it holds up very nicely. I really like everything about the gel, how it goes on, how it feels, the UV lamps, and the different gels available in the line, etc. (I do have to admit that I now use TEN's "Linkage" to help with lifting issues that I was having - problem solved.)

I have watched the Light Elegance DVDs, but nothing replaces or compares to personal classroom assistancce to learn the little "ins and outs" or "subtleties" of a line. That is what I still struggle with, and I do have a hard time getting LE education in my area. But, after also trying TEN gel and Young Nails, I have decided it is much easier to learn and stick with one line. I started with LE and I will continue with it, hoping that I will hear soon about some education fairly close to my area.

What I am trying to say from my own 2-3 year experience, the long way, is that it is a good idea to do your research, pick one line and try to stick with it so you are not all over the place learning how to make the gels work easily for you. And if the gel line you choose has education in your area, that is a huge big deal bonus. It can also get very expensive experimenting with various lines, unless you can get small samples from companies to try.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 08:49 PM
 (Print Post)
i have been using brisa and switched to ten because of lifting issues.i like ten a lot but i think it is not so flexible and i have a lot of clients that have pocket lifting(if this is the right way to express the breaking in the stress area).i also don't like the heat spikes but let's say that my clients got used to that.linkage is a good product but to be honest i was expecting more of it.i still have clients that have lifting no matter what.so now iam in search of a new line to try out and i need your input ladies Smile by the way when i switched from brisa to ten i changed a lot of things with my application and i had a big difference but still i haven't troubleshooted all of my issues.
02-05-2012, 10:18 PM
 (Print Post)
I just started using CND Shellac and so far I love it. I have a client that can never keep regular polish on. But the Shellac will stay on her for a week. That is great for someone that use to chip over night.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kellies-na...4068300346
02-06-2012, 05:05 AM
 (Print Post)
i have used EzFlow and Entity gels and i prefer Entity because they are more easy to use...
02-06-2012, 07:20 AM
 (Print Post)
I second Light Elegance. Been usuing it for about 6 yrs. have never had one single lifting issue with it. Super easy to use wears awesome and has first rate customer service.
02-06-2012, 08:16 AM
 (Print Post)
do light elegance have trial kits?is it a one step gel ?i would like to give it a try!what bonder you use with it and you have zero lifting?
02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
 (Print Post)
Pocket lifting and cracks in the stress area are two different things. Pocket lifting in gel is generally caused by the client overbending the f/e of the nail and it pops the product loose from the nail plate. If you'll put a small amount of downward pressure on your f/e, you'll see a white area appear on the nail bed. This is where the p/l will always occur.

The nail product showing cracks/breaking across the stress area simply means that there's not enough strength in the stress area to handle the length of the f/e. The nail just isn't structured properly. If this is a consistent problem, then it's an application issue, not a gel issue.

You MUST build up the stress area to give longer nails strength. I used TEN for over 3 years, it doesn't p/l but it will crack at the stress area if it's not built correctly.
02-06-2012, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 02:58 PM by tsita78.)
 (Print Post)
is there any video available of how i can build correctly with ten gel and give more strenght to the stress area?
if the nails are really short and still they break on the stress area what does this mean?
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
 (Print Post)
you'll either need to contact Brenda Anderson in the U.S. or Barb H. in Canada for help.

When I used it, I would layer the gel on, freezing it in place until the nail was built, then cure for 2 minutes afterwards. Look at it from the side to make sure you're placing the apex in the right spot.

If the nails are really short and you're still experiencing cracking at the stress area, you're making them too thin. The cracking is caused by flexing of the nail. To counteract the flexing, you need to build the stress area.

Some people will flip the hand over and cure it upside down outside the light, which is what I did. That makes the gel bulge downward right in the spot you want it. As long as the lamp light is touching the gel, it's curing. If you don't want to do that, then applying layers and freezing 5-10 seconds after each one will work.
02-06-2012, 05:02 PM
 (Print Post)
thank you for your help! Smile i will try to do that tomorrow and she how it goes.does the temperature has anything to do with this?last week was -10 in my town and i thought i read somewhere that it has a big impuct to nails.
02-06-2012, 07:12 PM
 (Print Post)
(02-06-2012 08:16 AM)tsita78 Wrote:  do light elegance have trial kits?is it a one step gel ?i would like to give it a try!what bonder you use with it and you have zero lifting?

Yes they do. http://www.lightelegance.com/2011/kits-t...-trial-kit I use their bonder and their extreme gel. They have great customer service too. If you have any questios they are woderful to work with.
02-07-2012, 09:28 AM
 (Print Post)
I have used CND, Akzentz, TEN. I now educate for Onyx Beauty Systems and have been using this product successfully for over a year in my own business.

If you would like free samples of Onyx gel, I can send them to you. You just need to pay for postage. Click on the link below in my signature to visit the website. Please email me if you're interested Smile

Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
02-07-2012, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 09:36 AM by Donna in Huntsville, TX..)
 (Print Post)
(02-06-2012 07:12 PM)Tammi T Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 08:16 AM)tsita78 Wrote:  do light elegance have trial kits?is it a one step gel ?i would like to give it a try!what bonder you use with it and you have zero lifting?

Yes they do. http://www.lightelegance.com/2011/kits-t...-trial-kit I use their bonder and their extreme gel. They have great customer service too. If you have any questios they are woderful to work with.

it's possible, tho I've had no experience with temps that low. I've heard it affects acrylics, but Barb should be able to answer that question since she's in Canada. It gets colder there than where I'm at, a bit further south in Tx. If you can't get help thru them, contact me and I'll try to help you.
Also, I do have access to Skype to it's possible I can talk with you face to face!
02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
 (Print Post)
I have tried NSI Balance(NSI), Ten(Tuff Enuff Nails), OPI Axxium and Onyx. Honestly (even though I hate OPI for selling out) I like OPI Axxium the best exept the fact that there pots only come in one size. I wish you could get bigger amounts at a time. I always go back to NSI Balance, I really do love it and I like that you can get refills in bottles to refile the pots.
02-07-2012, 08:41 PM
 (Print Post)
I am very happy with Light elegance! So nice to work with. it stays where you put it. No running after it! Nice and clear! And the glitter mix is out of this world! You don't have to stir it!That is a big big plus for me. AND customer support is great!!!

"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  cleaning up smile lines loribe 10 2,383 07-25-2013 07:58 PM
Last Post: Darcy
  mixing - matching gel lines loribe 1 650 04-29-2013 07:31 PM
Last Post: you'vegotnail!
  'pur' gel lines? loribe 4 886 04-25-2013 07:05 AM