You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foiling
Hi, Im trying to find the foil transfer sheets to put on nails and I cant find them anywhere. Can anyone tell me where they bought theirs please!...
We stock the foils now right here in the BeautyTech Shoppe

Nail Art Foils

[Image: 98894.jpg]
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

do you have to glue this on or do you rub it !
is it the same as what the lady used here??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6wjGY1nekc
(01-31-2012, 03:28 AM)Tbaglette Wrote: do you have to glue this on or do you rub it !

In the video she says/shows what she is using is the martha stewart foils from a craft store, but they are basically the same as nail art transfer foils.
Heart Gelishly
I googled where to buy the martha stewart foil transfer sheets and loots of craft shops came up but I couldnt find one with the foil. I dont know if Im not looking in the right spot or what....
(01-31-2012, 05:45 PM)Tbaglette Wrote: I googled where to buy the martha stewart foil transfer sheets and loots of craft shops came up but I couldnt find one with the foil. I dont know if Im not looking in the right spot or what....

You can get the Martha Stewart foils at Michaels or other craft stores. They are kind of in the wood working section.

I am also having a hard time with the foils though. I bought one set of Kami foil and adhesive, and it does NOT work at all. The Martha Stewart works a bit better, but still not great. I just ordered some from the dollar nail art supply, so I will see how that works when I get it. It is frustrating, though...
Dedee
someone gave me this foilplay.co.uk and they have some great stuff but they wont ship overseas and Im in Australia.....
thats my problem alot of the time
I use the best glue ever, same stuff Robin Moses uses for her nail art. works really well for foils.
Heart Gelishly
(02-02-2012, 02:10 AM)Gelishly Wrote: I use the best glue ever, same stuff Robin Moses uses for her nail art. works really well for foils.

and what glue is that???
That's the name of the glue "the best glue ever" Smile

Something I learned from Robin Moses website:
I learned a cool trick from Robin Moses website. When you cut off your section of foil, turn it over and wipe the brown backing stuff off with acetone. It really helps with adhession. And yes "the best glue ever" is the best glue ever!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1...er&x=0&y=0

Our school ordered a bunch of foil from dollarnailart.com. Like the name implies, everything is $1. Ther is an order minimum of $25 or something, but between the foils, rhinestones, etc, you won't have any problem finding 25 items you want. The rhinestones are better looking than anything you can buy at sally's. The foils are about an inch wise and 5ft long. You only need a few inches at most for a service, so you can get many uses for something that only cost you $1. If you order enough, they will send you free glue. It works well if it doesn't freeze during shipping, but you must follow the directions. Let the glue dry completely BEFORE applying the foil. It starts out looking violet and isn't dry until completely clear. I had been trying to apply the foil when the glue was still wet, thinking I needed to 'catch it' before it dried all the way. Nope. It's tackiest when dry. Or you can jut stick itto the tacky layer before your top coat with gel polish. Neat stuff. We have most of the colors and Tie dye surprise and rainbow swirl are both a must. Beautiful.
(01-31-2012, 03:28 AM)Tbaglette Wrote: do you have to glue this on or do you rub it !

Sorry.. busy busy here.. these foils require glue (we sell that also).. You might be thinking of gold leaf.. if you watch the motorcyle and car shows they use a lot of it for "old school" work.. but this also requires an adhesive if memory serves..

Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

I was practicing this weekend with foils I ordered from Dollar Nail Art, and I found that only the foils with the brown backing transferred well. I had a devil of a time with the ones with a silver backing. Has anyone else experienced this and/or found a remedy for it?
Kristi

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...ef=profile

"Winners never quit and quitters never win"