You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Venique Nail Polish Experiences
01-30-2012, 05:10 PM
 (Print Post)
Venique Nail Polish Experiences
What success/problems are you having with Cosmoprof/Armstrong-McCall's new polish line Venique?

There is not much information from the manufacturer/supplier (web page is not informative) and our local Cosmoprof does not have trained nail people on staff. A Google search brought up anecdotal results from nail techs, but we are interested in the professional's opinions on this site.

We bought several colors, base and top coat. The top coat grays the color and gives a filmy appearance on some of the darker colors.
We are concerned about the drying time involved.

Your experiences, please?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2012, 05:54 PM
 (Print Post)
RE: Venique Nail Polish Experiences
I haven't used it but found this on Nails Magazine's Facebook

http://blogs.nailsmag.com/editor/archive...nique.aspx

Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
http://mitchelesheree.blogspot.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2012, 06:50 PM
 (Print Post)
I saw the display at Cosmoprof, but nothing caught my attention, to tell the truth I think the colors are boring, just mho.
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
 (Print Post)
I used it on one person, she said it held up pretty good. I didn't see for myself though. I didn't use their base coat and top coat though. I used Lumos. I may buy a color here and there but don't plan on buying the entire collection.

The Pink Door
01-30-2012, 10:10 PM
 (Print Post)
It gets thick super fast.
02-20-2012, 04:03 PM
 (Print Post)
Sad RE: Venique Nail Polish Experiences
I bought the base & top coats plus 2 colors. I found that I got chipping within 12 hours. The first time, I removed and re applied, and the same thing happened. :o( I have since tossed the base and top coats out. I still have the colors. I make sure that my nails are clean and dry before applying any polish. Anyone have any suggestions??
02-21-2012, 09:45 PM
 (Print Post)
I have had success with using the venique lacquers and OPI top and base coats.
After a lot of feedback, Venique stated on their facebook page that their chemists are working on resolving the issues with the top coat and its ridiculously long dry time (still tacky after 20 min.), and the chipping. When they improve that, then I might consider using their system.

I have had clients comment on the richness and depth of the colors used, and the special effects top coats were popular over the holidays.
02-22-2012, 12:20 AM
 (Print Post)
My clients love it! I have only used Orly bonder and Out the door with it.

Every day is a new day, make the most of it!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ doing nails and sharing ideas!!
Tonja Coffey
Fort Worth, Texas
02-23-2012, 01:26 PM
 (Print Post)
I used seche ridge filling base and seche top coat- I have put it through the riggors and it is still looking great after 7 days. It seems to wear really well- but does go on thick.
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
 (Print Post)
I bought a bottle from cosmoprof without the top and base coat. It chipped super fast and it was annoyingly sharp. Im not happy with it I wont be rebuying it.

Breanna
myspace.com/nailsbybreanna
02-24-2012, 04:22 PM
 (Print Post)
Smile RE: Venique Nail Polish Experiences
When the Venique base and topcoat didn't work, I tried Sech Base and Sesh Vite, but still had chipping. I am waiting for the reformulation to come out. What I want to know is, didn't they do any testing before they put it out on the market? I could scratch the topcoat off with out using much pressure. It was strange. I have 6 colors. I really like them. I have started using Quimica for my base and top coat. No chipping now.
03-27-2012, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 10:11 PM by Nail Bunny.)
 (Print Post)
Exclamation RE: Venique Nail Polish Experiences
(01-30-2012 05:10 PM)ddstotler Wrote:  What success/problems are you having with Cosmoprof/Armstrong-McCall's new polish line Venique?

There is not much information from the manufacturer/supplier (web page is not informative) and our local Cosmoprof does not have trained nail people on staff. A Google search brought up anecdotal results from nail techs, but we are interested in the professional's opinions on this site.

We bought several colors, base and top coat. The top coat grays the color and gives a filmy appearance on some of the darker colors.
We are concerned about the drying time involved.

Your experiences, please?

I absolutely love the Venique polishes. I have been a nail technician for over 21 years and I have waited for a product that would last as long as this nail polish. I am puzzled reading some of the post on this blog. I have used it since January. When my client return after 10 days their nails still look great!

I found out that the product just launced in January of this year, and my Armstrong rep told me other nail techs love it and they are going thru serious growing pains. I was told they now have color charts and other info for us to use at our Salons.

I have not had one client that has issues. I can tell you that any client with poor nail beds, will have chipping issues. I would suggest that they get some sort of nail repair Hardner and then apply the Venique polish. If their nails are weak, any polish will chip.

Nail Bunny
03-30-2012, 10:41 PM
 (Print Post)
I found them on facebook and it seems a lot of ppl are having issues with the base and top coat. I did not buy them I only bought colors and I love love love them! One coat and done! The black is to die for! I use CND sticky and Out the Door top coat. (for now till the Out The door is gone) then I will be going to CND top coat as well.

"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
04-01-2012, 12:29 AM
 (Print Post)
Excited to see this post because I was wondering the same thing about this polish line. Thank You!!
04-01-2012, 12:41 PM
 (Print Post)
I just bought 12 colors and I think they go on very nice. The colors are awesome. I can speak for wear yet, I have only had it on my toes for a few days. So far so beautiful. Smile
04-05-2012, 09:11 PM
 (Print Post)
We tried 2 different colors on our receptionists...one was done with all Venique products (base,color,topcoat) other was done with other brands of base and topcoat.
Both chipped within less than 24 hours. Did not wear well at all.
04-05-2012, 09:43 PM
 (Print Post)
I have been wearing mine for 5 days now. No chipping. It's on my toes.
04-05-2012, 09:53 PM
 (Print Post)
The local supplier here said the Venique polish had to be totally dry before putting the topcoat on or it will never dry. Is that true? If it is true then how do you provide a timely service with it?
04-06-2012, 10:34 AM
 (Print Post)
My color was not dry. I did it as I normally polish. One coat after another. I got nothing but praise on the line @ my local cosmoprof.
02-05-2014, 07:52 PM
 (Print Post)
i tried the top coat over other brands of polish, and found that it was almost too thin? it made tiny bubbles, and then dried that way. i even noticed the bubbles on the swatches in the store. wont purchase again. although, i've heard they are completely reformulating the line and ALL the polishes were on clearance when i last went into the store. here's hoping they get it right this time! beautiful colors, though. and the brush seemed to be very nice.
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Venique going in the trash mmriggs2009 11 2,722 07-03-2012 01:50 PM
Last Post: GotNailz