You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dumbest thing e-vah!
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM,
 (Print Post)
The dumbest thing e-vah!
So I have been enjoying the new OPI GelColor immensly. I love how it soaks off... I even posted how it always soaks off "in 10-12 min". Well, today was an exception.
I don't know what the heck happened but I took off the foils after 12 min and.... nothin! I left it for another 5... nothing!
I removed the shine and left it for another 5.... NOT BUDGING!!
OK, so I was keeping a straight face but I was freaking out on the inside. I used the proper remover and all.
The gel was not budging and not releasing from the nail at ALL.
I actually had to file it off Confused
Then.... it dawned on me. That's the dumb part....
I think I used Artistic Color Gloss Prep-thing instead of Bond-Aid.
I think..... what else could have happened?!?!
I have been using it for a month, I did quite a few removals- perfect!
I even used the color (Samoan Sand) on one of my nails and left it for 2 weeks- soaked off like a dream.
I like to test all colors on my nails before I use them on clients (yes, I walk around with 10 diffferent colors on my nails- great conversation piece)

Thank God my next appointment cancelled- otherwise I would have been 30 min late. I also gave the client 50% off coupon for her next pedi (for all the "pain and suffering" lol)

Don't mix lines folks. I knew that but... yeah, that was dumb!

Anna
blog: http://www.polished4pros.blogspot.com/
01-30-2012, 10:43 PM,
 (Print Post)
RE: The dumbest thing e-vah!
Oh, don't you just hate when something like that happens and puts you behind the rest of the day?! Glad you figured out what happened! Smile
01-31-2012, 01:35 AM,
 (Print Post)
RE: The dumbest thing e-vah!
Reminds me of the VERY FIRST soak off I did...... used some leftover foil from a hairdresser. It had a "black" side... well to make a long story short - it left BLACK all over her fingertips when I removed the foil. VERY embarressed - good thing she was my last appt on a saturday. My blood pressure was through the roof!!

Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wishing ...is there any such thing? pedi jet insert? loribe 3 1,531 06-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Melissa82
Shocked Is there is such a thing as a portable paraffin warmer for travel? pediqueen 2 1,632 06-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Last Post: tania1980
  And another thing JUST NAIL IT 0 777 12-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Last Post: JUST NAIL IT